I have a question for the nice admins and literature lovers.

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Magus

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In the time of my absence, I wrote a diary of my day to day life on the creek, it roughly concludes in July of this year, as things were coming back to normal, but with the delta-vid coming on like a duck on drugs I might start up again. My thing is, I wrote my "book" in the beginning to my son, it starts as a survival manual, but the little hippy thinks he won't need to read it. anyway, I use some pretty salty language and reveal bits and pieces about my self you'd probably rather not know or believe if you heard them. I don't care. So anyway, I have it in PDF, if they let me and you can bear a few F-bombs and assorted sailor talk, would you read it? I'm NOT going to sanitize a damn thing.

Neb

Jack of all trades master of some
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In the time of my absence, I wrote a diary of my day to day life on the creek, it roughly concludes in July of this year, as things were coming back to normal, but with the delta-vid coming on like a duck on drugs I might start up again. My thing is, I wrote my "book" in the beginning to my son, it starts as a survival manual, but the little hippy thinks he won't need to read it. anyway, I use some pretty salty language and reveal bits and pieces about my self you'd probably rather not know or believe if you heard them. I don't care. So anyway, I have it in PDF, if they let me and you can bear a few F-bombs and assorted sailor talk, would you read it? I'm NOT going to sanitize a damn thing.
Speaking only for myself...

I seldom swear but I was a sailor and have an aunt that can make a sailor blush (she a carney in her youth) so it doesn't bother me. I was a bit embarrassed when I first had to admit my son was able to conjugate the f-word by the time he was 9.

😊

Ben

Grimm

Morbidly Inclined
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Magus,

I'm sure my own early years would rival yours or come pretty damn close. I see no issues with sharing and passing knowledge/wisdom around.

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Language will certainly not offend me. I would find it hard to imagine that you would use a phrase or a word I haven't used. I would love to read it. If the mods are O.K. with it I'm O.K. with it.

Magus

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
If you like it, book 2 is in the works.

Magus

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Anybody read it yet?

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I've read part. Just gettin a bit as time permits. Pretty good accounting of what was going on. Best I can tell setting was somewhere in Northern Ga.

Sparky_D

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Downloaded, converted and sent to my Kindle.
I'll read it as soon as I'm done with my current book (The Undead: The First Seven Days by RR Haywood).

Magus

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
BINGO Backpacker! you win a prize!
It really never was intended for a public release, but meh. Book two is kind of petering out, but I may upload it too. I can hear the cancel culture burning my PC in effigy now. I got carried away when I literally watched an election being stolen and on insurrection day.

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I hadn't got that far yet. Should be interesting seeing your take on the election.
Dalton and Chattanooga rang a bell. Not a bad area to hole up in.

Magus

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I hadn't got that far yet. Should be interesting seeing your take on the election.
Dalton and Chattanooga rang a bell. Not a bad area to hole up in.
If life wasn't so soft here, I'd prefer Tunnel hill. lots of people of like mind there hid out away from the world.

Magus

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
So. anyone finish? part two is creeping along.

Caribou

Time traveler
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Thanks for the bump, I must have been traveling when you first posted. I got part way and expect to finish tomorrow.

Latest posts