I have returned.....to Hong Kong...for the last time.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin76

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
As the title says,
I have just finished a 3 week trip to Gods Country (Northern Michigan )with my family.
Our son wore shoes 4 days out of the 3 weeks we were there, my wife cried when we had to leave.
Perfect weather every day, rained once for about 45 minutes...

Lots done, bought a car, got a license, lots of work around the house, Drove the tractor with my son,
decided to sell said tractor, it's nice but I would like something a bit smaller and easier to drive for my wife. (if anyone is interested let me know, Allis Chalmers, 614, 4wd)
Ate about 400 pounds of sweetcorn...I forgot how great it was compared to the horse corn we get here...

Now we are back and hating life but encouraged because this is the last time we will fly back to HK that isn't for a holiday.
I leave in February, my wife said we have to do one last Chinese New Year with the family. I agree, it will break her parents hearts if we go before...

So now, it's the process of getting my wife her green card, and closing up my life over here and mailing things back home.

Need some advice and may start another thread,

I need to re write my resume, I have a good Chef, Executive Chef resume, but I was looking into changing it into a general management type of resume for other jobs out there in the area. (if I cant find a Chef position)

Anyone have any leads or willing to offer advice or help on this? I can pay if needed.

I don't have the resume information, but so happy that you were able to spend a good time in the UP. Nice for one more Chinese New Years in Hong Kong.
Good luck on getting back home and having a job. Especially good luck on the green card for your wife.

I can only imagine just how different Hong Kong is than Michigan! There has been an article circulating about how expensive and crowded Hong Kong is. It must have been refreshing to be in Michigan, walk out the front door, and the only people you see are your immediate family! Best to you!

Relative to SHTF and preparedness, it must be a huge relief to know you will not be living in a place where all hell would break loose when it happens!

Not sure where to currently look for resume help. I wrote mine and keep it up to date. But that's been nearly 10 years ago. I'm sure lots has changed since then. As far as posting it, there are a lot of headhunter type groups out there. Some cost $ some don't.

Glad you got a break in the UP. Congrats on making your final trip to close things out.

That's great to hear, Justin. glassdoor.com, indeed.com and monster.com all offer free help with resume design. Good luck!

Your Chef resume is enough for any U.S. restaurant, for management you'll need a course or two of business management or seminar type certificate on restaurant management.
The other thing you'll need is opportunity, the "employer" will require experience which can only be acquired by opportunity!

Your Chef resume is enough for any U.S. restaurant, for management you'll need a course or two of business management or seminar type certificate on restaurant management.
The other thing you'll need is opportunity, the "employer" will require experience which can only be acquired by opportunity!

I have a Hotel/Restaurant management degree, as well as 6Sigma green belt....

Either way I pretty much accepted the offer at the resort, when they are going to create a position for you just to have you there....then your skills must be in demand

We also have Christmas...and Paris...and....Paradise!! And best of all....Climax!!!!

I've been to Iraan, London, Paris, Paradise and Climax Tx but don't think there is a Christmas Tx though there is a really cute Christmas store in Gonzales.

I have a Hotel/Restaurant management degree, as well as 6Sigma green belt....

Either way I pretty much accepted the offer at the resort, when they are going to create a position for you just to have you there....then your skills must be in demand

See, you did it and you were worried about a resume. Is the resort all year or seasonal?
What is a 6Sigma green belt?

See, you did it and you were worried about a resume. Is the resort all year or seasonal?
What is a 6Sigma green belt?

Resort is a ski hill and golf club so year round, the best part is it's 7 miles down the road from our property. Also good thing is the benefits, free skiing, free golf, free use of the pools, water park and fitness center, discounts for family on spa's (my wife is ecstatic about that one...) dining discounts,
Medical, dental, eye, tuition assistance, family medical, profit sharing...
The salary will be a lot less than im getting over here, but factor in the bennies and insurance type stuff and the distance to drive from our property....

6 sigma is, define, measure, analyze, improve, and control...statistical QA manufacturing type stuff, Company over here paid for it so I went and took the 5 day course...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back