I like you people

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMC

The Shaman of suburbia's son and apprentice.
Neighbor
I'm a liberal, I thought I'd hate it here, but I don't.

That's my boy! when he figures out he's really a libertarian he'll be a real terror(ist) LOL
It's ok, I was young once too. You get over it. :thumbs:
I even have to confess to voting for Bill Clinton the second time just so we could keep Alan Greenspan.:oops:

Conservative views are not a bad thing at all. I am glad you like it here. . Most are very helpful, especially answering questions when you need relatively quickly. I haven't seen enough of your post yet, I will admit. Sorry. I'm here "periodically". I work full time and work a farm. I only get a couple hours in the evening to catch up on news and check in on a couple forums.

It's ok, I was young once too. You get over it. :thumbs:
I even have to confess to voting for Bill Clinton the second time just so we could keep Alan Greenspan.:oops:
Good Lord Super, what were you smoking?? Greenspan wasn't very good IMO.

I do agree most folks get over it. Liberal when young and get more conservative as they age. I sure did. I wouldn't say I was ever a liberal, but did have some liberal ideas on some things. But I have gotten a lot more conservative as I've gotten older.

AMC, There are some good folks on here. Most will go out of their way to help out.

Good Lord Super, what were you smoking?? Greenspan wasn't very good IMO.
I wasn't alone. Greenspan was far better than the others. Reagan and both Bushes agreed with me:
Wikipedia said: On May 18, 2004, Greenspan was nominated by President George W. Bush to serve for an unprecedented fifth term as chairman of the Federal Reserve. He was previously appointed to the post by Presidents Reagan, George H. W. Bush, and Bill Clinton.

Last edited:
As a side note... There an old sayin' about this matter that even our National Institute of Health seems to agree with...

'If You Are Not a Liberal When You Are Young, You Have No Heart, and If You Are Not a Conservative When Old, You Have No Brain'

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26940074/
(I can't believe I actually found this old saying on the NIH website...) (aren't they supposed to research medical matters? )

Honestly, I think after one spends a lifetime of building and saving you are lot less interested in giving it away. Just my 2 cents.

Keep checking in AMC.
I agree. "Saving the whales" is no longer one of your top priorities after a certain age. "Keep my doctors paid" becomes more important. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I voted for Bill the first time.
Hated him from there on out.
I voted for 0bama the first time.
Didn't hate him as much as Bill.
Won't EVER put a check mark by a D again however. they have gone completely bat guano insane!

It shouldn't be conservatives against liberals against men against women against blacks against whites.
It should be WE THE PEOPLE against Washington, DC and that is what they DON'T want!
They want us fighting among ourselves so we leave them alone.

It shouldn't be conservatives against liberals against men against women against blacks against whites.
It should be WE THE PEOPLE against Washington, DC and that is what they DON'T want!
They want us fighting among ourselves so we leave them alone.
Divide and concur!

Comes to mind that old joke about the kittens?

Something like: fellow stops and buys a liberal kitten. The next day he passes the same kittens for sale, only the price has gone up and they're marketed as "conservative" kittens. Because now they're eyes are open!

As a side note... There an old sayin' about this matter that even our National Institute of Health seems to agree with...

'If You Are Not a Liberal When You Are Young, You Have No Heart, and If You Are Not a Conservative When Old, You Have No Brain'

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26940074/
(I can't believe I actually found this old saying on the NIH website...) (aren't they supposed to research medical matters? )

I believe the quote is attributed to Winston Churchill, and the term he used was "Radical" which would equate to today's Liberal. I would certainly fit that category.

I will admit I am Libertarian, and my views are much more to the right, but I would like to hear the other side of the argument, and rationally discuss the differences, and see what Liberals say.

I just looked and you have now posted 48 times. I always forget that you are related to another person here, until he reminds us who you are!
Oh, he'll remind you of me if he ever gets riled up. He's kind of a pacifist, but it only goes so far until my mean streak rears its head. :p

I agree. "Saving the whales" is no longer one of your top priorities after a certain age.

Exactly... In fact..
nuke_the_gay_baby_whales_for_jesus_t_shirt-r06bce23f3d5e45c2a6d0d38a532ab52f_k2gr0_630.jpg
🤓

Just kidding, don't Stone me, Bro.. :)

@ AMC, we're Glad yer Here, Kid.. Better Here with us 'ruffians', than in some 'social media cesspool', nonstop trying to convince ya you need 'plumbing surgery' to be Happy.. :rolleyes: Stick with yer Dad, he's Definitely Got the right Clues.. 👍

jd

Oh, he'll remind you of me if he ever gets riled up. He's kind of a pacifist, but it only goes so far until my mean streak rears its head. :p
I can be very easy to get along with, until I get stabbed in the back or backed into a corner. Then it isn't pretty and people get it with both barrels. Some here can verify this fact. One has been removed and we should have had a party.

First I was a liberal. Next I couldn't see the difference. Now I'm a conservative. I've never known anyone that went the other way but lots of us that converted to conservative. It's hard to hate liberals when you were one. Welcome!

I don't exactly fall into the liberal or conservative categories but have usually voted conservative in national elections but sometimes liberal in local ones ( because I knew some of them personally and thought they were the better option)
Both sides do a lot of stuff I truly hate :( , but liberals do more stuff I hate

I don't exactly fall into the liberal or conservative categories but have usually voted conservative in national elections but sometimes liberal in local ones ( because I knew some of them personally and thought they were the better option)
Well sure, you have to weigh the issues, like down here:
Lib candidate: "If I am elected, we will replace the drainage pipes in front of your property with larger ones". :thumbs:
Conservative candidate: "If elected, I will not allow your precious tax-dollars to be spent on any expensive project".
Who do you think I will vote for?:dunno:

Latest posts

Back