I think I'm leaving the internet

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BioBacon

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I'm glad I got to check in with all of you over the last 2 weeks or so. I'm pretty sure I'm going to leave the internet. I spend way to much time on it and nothing short of God and family should have that much control over my life. For me it's poison. I've already closed my Amazon account this week and I'm deleting podcast apps. I don't use social media so that's no big deal. I think I'm just going to turn things off and go fishing. I'm not pandering for please stay comments I'm just letting you know why I won't be here anymore. I was off the old forum for some time before I came here and it wasn't a big deal. I'm seriously just going to get off the internet, too many voices of negativity. I'm thinking about blocking the news channels off my tv as well as I can't cancel service until August. I've always wondered how people could be so uninformed and go on about their day and be just fine. I don't take any medication, drink or do any drugs other then caffeine and yet I inoculate myself with digital drugs in the form of information. I'm not giving back my red pill I'm just not renewing my prescription . Have a good day, shalom.

Been a pleasure to have know ya. Best of luck in your future endeavors my friend!

Stay safe and good luck on wetting a line! Remember to have hot dogs at home as an alternative dinner… just in case.

While sad to not having you visit, I totally understand why you're making the choice. The positive is that if you find you do miss those you communicated with it's does not have to be permanent.

At one time I spent far too much time on the net. I've outgrown it and now my usage is not much more than reading a newspaper. Maybe this will be you one day.

I'm glad I got to check in with all of you over the last 2 weeks or so. I'm pretty sure I'm going to leave the internet. I spend way to much time on it and nothing short of God and family should have that much control over my life. For me it's poison. I've already closed my Amazon account this week and I'm deleting podcast apps. I don't use social media so that's no big deal. I think I'm just going to turn things off and go fishing. I'm not pandering for please stay comments I'm just letting you know why I won't be here anymore. I was off the old forum for some time before I came here and it wasn't a big deal. I'm seriously just going to get off the internet, too many voices of negativity. I'm thinking about blocking the news channels off my tv as well as I can't cancel service until August. I've always wondered how people could be so uninformed and go on about their day and be just fine. I don't take any medication, drink or do any drugs other then caffeine and yet I inoculate myself with digital drugs in the form of information. I'm not giving back my red pill I'm just not renewing my prescription . Have a good day, shalom.
Good luck and God bless your life. Find peace within yourself!

You are a wiser man than us all @BioBacon. Godspeed on your journey through life, blessings to you and your family, may the grace of God shine down upon you in abundance and keep focusing on the positive. Goodbye my friend.

c4e5c4b49ea7028621ca2e412fe3e9ab.jpg

Bio,
Hate to see ya go brother.....but,
I totally understand what your saying.

I have cut my internet usage WAY down, and am in the process of cutting the cord on Sat TV.

Hope you find life to be more satisfying and wholesome.

I can see the day coming when I will join you.

Our minds need only to absorb good things and we will live a much happier life.

Enjoy , all you do man.

Jim

I understand completely.
My wife and I both spend way too much time on electronic devices.
I am seriously thinking about giving up my smart phone as a first step.
I don't really need it so I'm not sure why I still have it other than I have gotten used to the thing.
Good luck in your future. You will be missed.

Have a good life BIO. I take breaks sometimes too. A few years ago I got offline totally for over a year.
The bad news is overwhelming at times. Then I think well if I don't see what is going around me I will soon face it in the real world in some form or another so I keep up with whats going on. But sometimes I get too involved and so that is not good either. :eyeballs: :dunno:

Latest posts

Back