I thought this was a joke, but it's real

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I've seen a joke about this (on these forums?), but it's real. Happened to me this week.

A few days ago I received a letter from a financial services company that is handling my deceased uncle's estate. The letter was a form asking me for my address and phone number. They mailed the form to ... my address.

Then today, I got a phone call from them reminding me to fill in that form so they have my address and phone number on file.

Why in the world would they mail something to my address asking what my address is? And why would they call me on my phone to ask me what my phone number is? I'm not so sure I trust these buffoons to handle my uncle's estate all that intelligently.

It is an up date form, a poor student making $7.00 an hour is just doing what they are told to do.
So your info is correct, without the form, they have no proof that you did not move & the call is not proof that anyone at the frim can see.

Latest posts

Back