I usually buy myself 1 bag of robin eggs every Easter. But, this year all I can find is Hershey's brand. The cost is more than I want to pay,

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NotMeantForTheCity

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
and I am boycotting Hershey's products after they decided to turn political with Women's History Month. Does anyone have a recipe for a homemade version? I know that robin eggs are simply malted milk balls with a different coating, but I can't make any sense of the recipes I am finding online. Some simply make a peanut brittle syrup without the nuts. One recipe adds the malted milk powder to whipped egg whites. Another adds the malted milk to melted white chocolate. I don't know which to use.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Whoppers...eats-Easter-Candy-38-oz/378675824?wmlspartner
1678969260629.png

The Daily Wire may have them

You're talkin' about my favority Easter candy! I too am boycotting hershey. So, I went to a local store and bought a couple of bags of locally made candy. I paid $5.50 for a 9 oz bag, so it was pricey.....but oh so good! It's much much better than the whopper brand. It likely won't make it to Easter.

Since it's the only Easter candy I will buy, I'll spend a little more for it. I feel better about supporting a local product and business.

You're talkin' about my favority Easter candy! I too am boycotting hershey. So, I went to a local store and bought a couple of bags of locally made candy. I paid $5.50 for a 9 oz bag, so it was pricey.....but oh so good! It's much much better than the whopper brand. It likely won't make it to Easter.

Since it's the only Easter candy I will buy, I'll spend a little more for it. I feel better about supporting a local product and business.
Well? Which did you purchase? Do they have a website?? Come on now.. Share the wealth!! :)

Ah, sorry....no website available. It's just a local product, so I'd rather not disclose the name. But, dang it!.....you made me get the package out and take a look at the name again. Since the package was already opened, I just had to take another taste. Those suckers are addictive!

However, I'd bet that these are very similar to what I purchased. I've bought from Sweet Petes in the past and everything was absolutely mouth watering.
https://www.sweetpetescandy.com/pro..._pos=1&_sid=617d3da0c&_ss=r&variant=707834973

Last edited:
I too am boycotting hershey.
So, everybody is boycotting Hershey because of one stupid commercial:dunno:.
Being a capitalist, I believe they should have the right to market to EVERYONE, even stupid people.

Reactions: Neb
So, everybody is boycotting Hershey because of one stupid commercial:dunno:.
Being a capitalist, I believe they should have the right to market to EVERYONE, even stupid people.
Yup, I too believe that they can market to whomever they want......and pay the consequences for it. To me it's the woke narrative that I disagree with. I wish they'd just concentrate their efforts on making candy and leave it at that. But that wasn't good enough for them, so I will spend my money elsewhere.

Of the mass market chocolates, Hershey's is my least favorite. Not because of some woke agenda, but because of a taste agenda. To me, it just doesn't taste as good as Dove, Cadbury, Godiva, etc. Hershey's is about even with Nestle's though. These two are the bottom end of chocolate IMHO.

As far as those Robin's Eggs things, there is something too artificial tasting about the hard outer shell for me to like them. If I'm going to eat a malted milk ball, I prefer the ones that don't have that outer candy shell. It's like those candy sprinkles some put on their ice cream. Those just make something that inherently tastes good, taste bad.

I'm not sure what's available on the opposite corner of the nation, but often there are generic brands of such candies in the bulk sections at some grocery stores - not that I know that from experience or anything 😙🎶😇

I looked for Robin eggs yesterday for my mom and there was none to be found of any brand.

I looked for Robin eggs yesterday for my mom and there was none to be found of any brand.
There was something that looked like Robins Eggs at Costco yesterday. Not labeled that, but the package picture looked similar. Of course, being at Costco, the "package" was two 55 gallon drums taped together, so I passed.

I love to eat
Dove chocolate

Get some of that Brickel bark in the baking aisle
Get some wood sticks
Chocolate icing
Icing On the stick dipped in the bark brickel yum yum
I just had a flashback to my first classroom teaching job. I taught 7th grade math and geography, but one of the students was actually a 9th grader. For the last day of class before Easter vacation I made some cupcakes. But, I didn't want to make a mess getting them to the classroom, so I took a can of Betty Crocker icing with me. This 9th grader ate the leftover icing using a stalk of celery as a spoon.

I just had a flashback to my first classroom teaching job. I taught 7th grade math and geography, but one of the students was actually a 9th grader. For the last day of class before Easter vacation I made some cupcakes. But, I didn't want to make a mess getting them to the classroom, so I took a can of Betty Crocker icing with me. This 9th grader ate the leftover icing using a stalk of celery as a spoon.
He/she is a survivor adapted instead of whining . most of todays kids would have had a melt down and called mama

Latest posts

Back