Illegal Alien discussion thread

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
Seems we have interest in this topic.
I will start out with my views on this controversial subject

I am against Illegal entry into this country. My reasons for this are
1] We are a sovereign nation and have the right to admit or deny anyone into our country
2] We as a nation can not afford to take in and feed every person in the world
3] We have immigration laws that say you must ask permission to enter our country
4] Romans 13:1–7
5] Illegals that come here are exploited with low wages and those jobs WOULD be filled by Americans if the illegals were not happy to accept low wages
6] illegals commit Theft,Fraud,Forgery in order to obtain Stolen ID and SS numbers in order to work in the USA
7] There is a myth that Americans will not do work that ilegals do. this is a LIE
There is also a myth that the price of fruit if picked by a hire wage would not be affordable. A study showed that Strawberries wold increase by $0.10 a pound if the workers were paid $15.00 an hour.
There are other reasons but I believe this is a good start.

13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4 for she is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, tan avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God’s wrath but also ufor the sake of conscience. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. 7 Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

Last edited:
You're not going to get any disagreement from me.

I am 100% pro legal immigrants, I am 100% anti illegal immigrants.

The US is and always will be a melting pot. I celebrate diversity. Diversity of people, ideas, and culture. But America comes first. Don't bring your issues, bad ideology, and garbage with you when you come here. And that counts not only for legal immigrants that arrive from outside the US, it applies it immigrants who arrive at free states from inside the US.

I am not looking for a disagreement
I am looking for insight into why one would think allowing unchecked migration into ANY country is a good thing for that country.

not only does this pandemic thing prove that all entries into any country should go through a mdical scan.
we also have terrorist all over the world that want to do others harm.

The people that think illegal immigration is a good thing want something from the illegals. Either cheap labor or as a way to gain power through the votes the illegals cast. Foreign countries certainly don't want to stop illegal from going to America. Those illegals send a huge amount of cash home every week.
I live in an area with a huge illegal population and everyone in town knows it. Nothing will be done because the farmers want cheaper labor and the farmers have a lot of political power. If the illegals were all rounded up and sent back to where they came from this town would dry up fast, which is not a bad thing in my opinion.
50 years from now America as we know it will not exist due to the policies in place now.

Mexicans sent home $26.1 billion from January to November 2017, according to figures released Tuesday by the central bank of Mexico.

Immigrants from the three Central American nation’s sourcing many illegal border crossers sent a record amount of money home last year, bringing the total this decade to $120 billion.
Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador all said that natives in the United States sent over $17 billion home last year alone.

...I am looking for insight into why one would think allowing unchecked migration into ANY country is a good thing for that country.
I tossed a coin and it came up tails. I get to be a liberal on this one :( .
I can answer that question for you.
I just have to wait until I fire up my PC because I will need the real keyboard.
(I don't do long posts on the tablet or they end up looking like a millenial millinial millinnial hell a young person, typed them:rolleyes:).
I'll be BAAACK!
P.S. Disagreement is essential to have a discussion. It is not bad, but good.
Nothing is worse for a forum than to have every post say: "Yes, I agree! and Me too!"

I can't speak for every state but I have much experience being in California. There, illegally entered people are doing work that citizens (you can read that as "young, strong, healthy white people") won't do. These are the trade jobs that require hard work - carpentry/roofing, road crews, carpet crews, etc. These jobs don't pay $40/hour and they don't involve a video game controller so the spoiled worthless white kids won't do them. For right or wrong, Cali doesn't have an economy without the young male Hispanics doing the work, and of course that includes many illegals. To be honest I don't blame them too much. I do support clamping down on unrestricted immigration. I don't know the best answer to all the problems but I do believe in finding a way to streamline the legal immigration process if at all possible.

You're not going to get any disagreement from me.I am 100% pro legal immigrants, I am 100% anti illegal immigrants.The US is and always will be a melting pot. I celebrate diversity. Diversity of people, ideas, and culture. But America comes first. Don't bring your issues, bad ideology, and garbage with you when you come here. And that counts not only for legal immigrants that arrive from outside the US, it applies it immigrants who arrive at free states from inside the US.

The Statue Of Liberty was a monument created by France celebrating the friendship and immigration between the two nations. Ben Franklin was very fond of France for his own reasons another story'. It was not a welcome sign to greet and support the entire worlds poor. That would have been imposible.
There is a lot of story to this in history.

Last edited:
I have no sympathy for people coming in illegally, and in my state, it's encouraged. It seems to be more for the votes than the labor, but I could be wrong. Those seem to be the two reasons. La Raza would like to turn New Mexico back to Mexico, and it amazes me how active they are on the UNM campuses; and how many white girls get suckered in to supporting their cause. We had a head (just a head) found in the Walmart pkg lot a while back. Mexican gangs.

If the free money was cut off those lazy people would have to work or starve. We all know the free money will never be cut off so that's not relevant.
The illegals come here to work and they stay to raise their families because it's much better here than where they came from. I can tell you one thing I know first hand. The second-generation kids are just like American kids. They want to play video games, hang with their friends and the last thing they want is to work in the fields.
I can tell you I know a lot of legal immigrants that do not like the illegals. They all say the same thing. Why do we reward people that break our laws?
People that say America can't survive without the illegals are wrong. It would be difficult at first and prices would go up but America would eventually figure it out and keep going.

I tossed a coin and it came up tails. I get to be a liberal on this one :( .
I just have to wait until I fire up my PC because I will need the real keyboard.
(I don't do long posts on the tablet or they end up looking like a millenial millinial millinnial hell a young person, typed them:rolleyes:).
I'll be BAAACK!
P.S. Disagreement is essential to have a discussion. It is not bad, but good.
Nothing is worse for a forum than to have every post say: "Yes, I agree! and Me too!"
Well crap! I was going to go with, " Yes, I agree and Me too!"

If the free money was cut off those lazy people would have to work or starve. We all know the free money will never be cut off so that's not relevant.
The illegals come here to work and they stay to raise their families because it's much better here than where they came from. I can tell you one thing I know first hand. The second-generation kids are just like American kids. They want to play video games, hang with their friends and the last thing they want is to work in the fields.
I can tell you I know a lot of legal immigrants that do not like the illegals. They all say the same thing. Why do we reward people that break our laws?
People that say America can't survive without the illegals are wrong. It would be difficult at first and prices would go up but America would eventually figure it out and keep going.

No work no eat and the fields would be filled with workers.Welfare is never good.
Charity is good welfare is slavery for the robbed giver and the taker. It is not a man responsibility to support another mans family. Let the libs dig down into theri own pockets and give their money to the poor who are poor because they won't work .
Why take from my own children to give to an able bodied others children.

Last edited:
I can't speak for every state but I have much experience being in California. There, illegally entered people are doing work that citizens (you can read that as "young, strong, healthy white people") won't do. These are the trade jobs that require hard work - carpentry/roofing, road crews, carpet crews, etc. These jobs don't pay $40/hour and they don't involve a video game controller so the spoiled worthless white kids won't do them. For right or wrong, Cali doesn't have an economy without the young male Hispanics doing the work, and of course that includes many illegals. To be honest I don't blame them too much. I do support clamping down on unrestricted immigration. I don't know the best answer to all the problems but I do believe in finding a way to streamline the legal immigration process if at all possible.

Maybe streamline the cutting off welfare and most can starve or work.
Our poor didn't get welfare and they survied because they worked.
Worked on hard jobs like coal mining, sharecropping from dusk till dawn walking behind mules and bailing hay.
Most kids today are spoiled but some so work. Its too bad most jobs in construction now don't pay enough to feed a family.

Spikedriver

Here where I live the jobs that you say only the illegals will do are done by our uneducated poor type people, we have blacks and whites that work in the fields, work in construction as the labor force, mow laws. ETC
Not to long ago, We had a HUGE illegal round up at a chicken plant. The reporters were rubbing there hands and saying because Americans will not do that type of work the company will shut down.
All the jobs were filed within a week by Americans
Just like all of those jobs were done by Americans before the company fired them to hire illegals at a lower wage.
People are lying to you that Americans will not do the work
Lemmie axe you a silly question
If it is true that Americans will not do certain jobs, Then when a green card holder becomes an American does he quit his job because it is beneath him?
The Answer Is NO. Being an American or not being an American has nothing to do with needing to eat

Spikedriver

Here where I live the jobs that you say only the illegals will do are done by our uneducated poor type people, we have blacks and whites that work in the fields, work in construction as the labor force, mow laws. ETC
Not to long ago, We had a HUGE illegal round up at a chicken plant. The reporters were rubbing there hands and saying because Americans will not do that type of work the company will shut down.
Just like all of those jobs were done by Americans before the company fired them to hire illegals at a lower wage.
If it is true that Americans will not do certain jobs, Then when a green card holder becomes an American does he quit his job because it is beneath him?
The Answer Is NO. Being an American or not being an American has nothing to do with needing to eat
I said in California. Where I live the less educated, poorer people will do those jobs too. It's a Midwestern work ethic thing. I fear our younger people are losing that ethic though.

We need to remember that the construction industry and the meatpacking industry are complicit in this as well. When the IBP plant near me was raided, the illegals were questioned as to how they found out about the jobs there, 1000 miles from Mexico. They responded that the company recruited them and even had advertisements in Juarez. The owner of a kosher meat facility in Iowa was recently sentences to over 100 years for providing false documents to Hispanic, African, and European illegal immigrants.

There's no good answer to this whole situation. I wish I had a workable situation but I don't...

Spikedriver

Frodo guess you read the Joe Legal vs Jose Illegal ,it tells it liek it really is.

JOE vs. JOSE

Maybe streamline the cutting off welfare and most can starve or work.
Our poor didn't get welfare and they survied because they worked.
Worked on hard jobs like coal mining, sharecropping from dusk till dawn walking behind mules and bailing hay.
Most kids today are spoiled but some so work. Its too bad most jobs in construction now don't pay enough to feed a family.
Welfare reform did work.
9 years ago my wife and I were bankrupt and jobless. We were in danger of losing our house and old truck. We had $700 a month bankruptcy payments to the court. I took a job that started out at $13 an hour. Construction job, cutting concrete. My wife started working in the office at the same place a couple of months later. She started out at $10 an hour. They always told anyone if they wanted to make more money to work more hours. We've been working 45 to 60 hours a week ever since then. We survived and thrived. We don't care what we drive, or what we wear. We are doing well.
ANYONE who wants to can thrive. By the way I have a debt free thread else where.

Welfare reform did work.
9 years ago my wife and I were bankrupt and jobless. We were in danger of losing our house and old truck. We had $700 a month bankruptcy payments to the court. I took a job that started out at $13 an hour. Construction job, cutting concrete. My wife started working in the office at the same place a couple of months later. She started out at $10 an hour. They always told anyone if they wanted to make more money to work more hours. We've been working 45 to 60 hours a week ever since then. We survived and thrived. We don't care what we drive, or what we wear. We are doing well.
ANYONE who wants to can thrive. By the way I have a debt free thread else where.

EXACTLY
I have been homeless, on the streets with nothing but a back pack, No money, no contacts, no one to help me but myself. I got a job, slept in the woods behind the job and took baths using a hose.
I can tell you how to make a laundry mat washer work with out money. LOL... I GOTS SKILLS
If you want to survive you will survive.

I said in California. Where I live the less educated, poorer people will do those jobs too. It's a Midwestern work ethic thing. I fear our younger people are losing that ethic though.

We need to remember that the construction industry and the meatpacking industry are complicit in this as well. When the IBP plant near me was raided, the illegals were questioned as to how they found out about the jobs there, 1000 miles from Mexico. They responded that the company recruited them and even had advertisements in Juarez. The owner of a kosher meat facility in Iowa was recently sentences to over 100 years for providing false documents to Hispanic, African, and European illegal immigrants.

There's no good answer to this whole situation. I wish I had a workable situation but I don't...

100 years is just an escape goat sentence. Why are not al lthe liberal democrat leaders nto getting 500 years for the illegal traffic in all kinds of things they do Holder " Fast and Furios" was trading weapons to the cartels and the democrats were bringing them in by the millions?
Par for the course since 2 of the men helping the Bundys got 128 years or so.
Meantime they kill Americans drug up our youth sell our daughters into prostitution and burn down our nation. No resistance from anyone.

Last edited:
I will say there are good and bad peopel in al lwalks of life but some people are more prone to violence and crime. And the ones who make millions keep agging them on.
Look at the major leaque atheletes ,movie actors for example, multi millionairs and still pitting us aianst each other with their racist lies nad BS.
I can't beleive that any American man of any color would ever go to another ball game or watch a movie any of the race hustlers star in, including that Tramp-GaGa. Shows how hard up America is for entertainment, not me I'd rather watch decent normal humans on youtube or nothing at all. Ball Players of America go away !

Last edited:

It is the tax laws that are complicit.
Here is how a construction crew can be all illegal

Jose gets a tax id number . he has a stolen/forged SS number
He hires on as a sub contractor .
He hires all illegals
The money is paid to him. He pays the employees
The money paid to him is NOT taxed. He is a sub. responsible for paying his own taxes
This rocks on till the IRS says HEY Where is my tax money?
Jose. gets another ID and Tax number. changes the name of his co and keeps on keeping on

All it takes to receive a Tax Id number is filling out an online form
you can have a new Number in 5 minutes 10 if you type slow

https://www.irs-tax-ein-number.com/?msclkid=4ef0c4c968261598c1749a1c7b4a80f8

Its too bad most jobs in construction now don't pay enough to feed a family.
Not in my area. The good construction workers get paid very well. Positive word of mouth will get them lucrative jobs. All they have to do is stick by their word and do what they say. The carpenters and construction workers around here are so busy that they can pick and choose which projects they want. But that's pretty much the way it is with every profession. If you're great at what you do, fair with pricing, and honest with your customers, you'll get all the business you want.

We survived and thrived. We don't care what we drive, or what we wear. We are doing well.
Great story Maverickhawk and good on you! Thanks for sharing. You, along with many on this forum have achieved the American dream through hard work and perserverence.

What many folks don't understand is that taking that $10 per hour job is not the end point the person working that job should be aspiring to. That $10 per hour job gets the ball rolling in one's career. That job leads to new skills, which if achieved well, leads to better job opportunities, which if taken advantage of, leads to better connections in that company or others, which leads to more lucrative opportunites other places or within the company. That $10 per hour job is about skills and networking. There are many millionaires today that have McDonalds in their work history.

I remember my first job was $3.85 per hour washing dishes. Today, I could earn 6 figures on my own if I wanted to. However, I don't b/c I don't need to. If something wild happened tomorrow and I was no longer married and had NOTHING to my name, I could start over and be just fine. It would suck, but I could do it.......and I would. Because, no matter what happens in my life, education is the one thing nobody can take away from me, and I would use it to climb back up.

As far as the illegals are concerned. I understand why they would want to come here. We mentioned in another thread a while ago what could be done to correct the problem.......take away the incentive. Part of the problem is the employers who allow illegals to work for them. Every employer is supposed to have employees meet the requirements of an I-9 that proves citizenship. I'm sure many of the documents needed for the I-9 could be forged, but it wouldn't be an easy process to do so. IF employers did what they are supposed to do and required that to be done, we'd have a whole lot less illegals working in America. This wouldn't be a hard issue to tackle if the government really wanted to change it. Any company who hired an illegal should be fined $100,000 per employee without documentation and the first offense and increase fines with subsequent offenses. Those I-9's should be sent to the IRS every year along with their required tax statements. This step alone would probably stop most of the hiring of illegals.

Another thing that could be done, but would be much more difficult, is to cut the red tape and roll back regulations. It's not fair to all employers when some pay in cash under the table. I think ALL employers should be able to pay under the table if they so choose. However, the employee would need to know that if they decide to take a position paying cash only, they forfeit all their rights to OSHA protection, work comp, insurance, SS, Medicare, or any other federal or state mandates for employees including pay and OT requirements. So, basically if employees agree to work for cash, they do so at their own risk (without any promises or protection) and can not sue their employer for any reason. THAT is a slippery slope, but it should be a choice that both employer and employee make without government interference. If this were the norm, I think many Americans would want those cash jobs, making them less available for illegals. AND, even cash jobs should require I-9's. But, that will never happen as long as we still have SS, MC, income tax, etc, etc.

Last edited:
I'll be BAAACK!
When the whole "Build the wall" controversy started, I was baffled by amount of opposition to it, by Americans!
It's for national security, how could people be against that? And enough of them to prevent it from being funded?
Besides, we've pist away more money than that building bridges to nowhere and nobody cared.
Why?
I asked 2 business owners a couple of years ago that had 90%+ Hispanic employees "why don't you hire Americans?"
Both told me the same thing: "Oh, we do. Every year we hire high-school graduates, some last a day, some make it a whole week. They won't do the work". @Spikedriver nailed it (pun):
These are the trade jobs that require hard work - carpentry/roofing, road crews, carpet crews, etc. These jobs don't pay $40/hour and they don't involve a video game controller so the spoiled worthless white kids won't do them. For right or wrong, Cali doesn't have an economy without the young male Hispanics doing the work, and of course that includes many illegals.
Few people will disagree that we have plenty of illegals in the country already, so why do we need more?
With the high birthrate of Hispanics, we should have plenty of replacements, right?
Wrong! The first thing illegal immigrants teach their kids, is if they start off illiterate and poor, they will have a steep hill to climb.
They are American kids.
@angie_nrs touched on the important part:
What many folks don't understand is that taking that $10 per hour job is not the end point the person working that job should be aspiring to. That $10 per hour job gets the ball rolling in one's career. That job leads to new skills, which if achieved well, leads to better job opportunities, which if taken advantage of, leads to better connections in that company or others, which leads to more lucrative opportunities other places or within the company. That $10 per hour job is about skills and networking.
The illegals aren't picking fruits and veggies for life. They move up from the bottom rung of the ladder as soon as they can.
They must be replaced.
We know who is NOT going to replace them, and this gets back to the "Why" question I started with.
What about legal immigration?
In another thread I mentioned that the US only grants about 65,000 visas per year. Doctors and engineers get first shot at those and they AIN'T coming here to do manual labor!
The U.S.A. needs more than 200,000 immigrants each year just to fill the shoes of the laborers that move up the ladder.
Giving them no legal way to come in, only gets you illegal immigrants.

Maybe fixing our broken immigration system would be a good start?
Thinking.gif

Years ago my nephew ran an apple ranch. The government changed the rules and everyone had to fill out a W4 listing the number of dependents. He explained to the workers that the more dependents the less would be withheld from their pay. The first question was what's the maximum number of dependants they could claim. He said there was space for 2 numbers so his guess was 99. Every one of the workers had 99 dependants. They had to show ID and a SS card. Every one of them had a stack of ID and SS cards and they just gave him 2 that match. This was all before the Real ID laws. He had no choice but to accept the ID he was given because if he didn't the 1 that had a valid ID would raise hell with the company and he would have been fired and the apples would have rotted on the tree because all the workers would have gone somewhere else to work.
I can buy a DL and SS card with any name on them for around $200. It would be less but I'm white. A passport would be harder to get and way more expensive but I would bet I could still get one in less than a week. All you need is to know someone that knows someone that knows someone.
The cards are so well forged even the government agencies that issue real one has a hard time telling they are fake.

I have not read this thread. I will make no comment on here either.
I have very strong feeling about this topic and it is best to say no more.

When the whole "Build the wall" controversy started, I was baffled by amount of opposition to it, by Americans!
It's for national security, how could people be against that? And enough of them to prevent it from being funded?
Besides, we've pist away more money than that building bridges to nowhere and nobody cared.
Why?
I asked 2 business owners a couple of years ago that had 90%+ Hispanic employees "why don't you hire Americans?"
Both told me the same thing: "Oh, we do. Every year we hire high-school graduates, some last a day, some make it a whole week. They won't do the work". @Spikedriver nailed it (pun):
Few people will disagree that we have plenty of illegals in the country already, so why do we need more?
With the high birthrate of Hispanics, we should have plenty of replacements, right?
Wrong! The first thing illegal immigrants teach their kids, is if they start off illiterate and poor, they will have a steep hill to climb.
They are American kids.
@angie_nrs touched on the important part:
The illegals aren't picking fruits and veggies for life. They move up from the bottom rung of the ladder as soon as they can.
They must be replaced.
We know who is NOT going to replace them, and this gets back to the "Why" question I started with.
What about legal immigration?
In another thread I mentioned that the US only grants about 65,000 visas per year. Doctors and engineers get first shot at those and they AIN'T coming here to do manual labor!
The U.S.A. needs more than 200,000 immigrants each year just to fill the shoes of the laborers that move up the ladder.
So we should just basically let them live off welfare , take jobs fro mAmericans or work in Silicone Valle
Giving them no legal way to come in, only gets you illegal immigrants.

Maybe fixing our broken immigration system would be a good start?View attachment 43489

SuperV what about the million immigrants granted cirizenship each year? Or the 'refugees' [not counting anchor babies] plus the H2B ,H1B visas?
Where do these millions of past 'immigration reformers work? I'm sure they would cover the 200.000 easily.
Seems evrybody has a stake in the destruction of our culture and America as we know it, no wonder our youth are so blind.
Fact is most don't come here to work in the fields then go home like they use to.

SuperV what about the million immigrants granted cirizenship each year? Or the 'refugees' [not counting anchor babies] plus the H2B ,H1B visas?
Where do these millions of past 'immigration reformers work? I'm sure they would cover the 200.000 easily.
Seems evrybody has a stake in the destruction of our culture and America as we know it, no wonder our youth are so blind.
Fact is most don't come here to work in the fields then go home like they use to.
The H1B visas are all college educated professionals. They are not here to pick strawberries!
The million immigrants that are granted citizenship every year, most are ones that have been in the country for over a decade, have become successful, and followed the legal pathway to citizenship. They ain't pickin' strawberries either!
The masses that apply for asylum and are granted asylum will work however.

And unless we have Native American blood in our veins, our ancestors were ALL immigrants to this country.
Every single one of us owes our very existence to immigration.
Without it, we wouldn't even be here.
Are you still anti-immigrant?

(So, how am I doing so far as a pretend-liberal?
biggrin.gif
)

Last edited:
The H1B visas are all college educated professionals. They are not here to pick strawberries!
The million immigrants that are granted citizenship every year, most are ones that have been in the country for over a decade, have become successful, and followed the legal pathway to citizenship. They ain't pickin' strawberries either!
The masses that apply for asylum and are granted asylum will work however.

And unless we have Native American blood in our veins, our ancestors were ALL immigrants to this country.
Every single one of us owes our very existence to immigration.
Without it, we wouldn't even be here.
Are you still anti-immigrant?

(So, how am I doing so far as a pretend-liberal?View attachment 43490)

Then why do we need them if not to do the knd of work we need? Did not out ancestors do this kind of work when they first became citizens? And did they get put into an well paying desk job?
Are you still pro immigrant at any cost? Why should you only condemn our youth while at same time protect foreigners from hard labor?
How many more pro immigrarion laws do we need?

I'm just saying bring back the chain gangs for our spoiled little texting nationals and cut off welfare to all.Then we don't have to bring in the world to do their work.

Latest posts

Back