I'm going to be a grandma

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearl

Finder of lost things AND The Boss
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
IMG_20240429_131101844.jpg
Burberry is pregnant enough to start hanging around the yard constantly! See if you can find the hidden donkey in the top picture!
IMG_20240429_130947821_HDR.jpg

yep..i see your donk in background.

several of neighbor hood gals were looking pretty prego here sunday when i drove around a bit in afternoon.

I can see the donkey!!! His belly gives him away. :)

Growing up here on the farm i had all sorts of wild critters as pets. But I avoided making pets of deer. Around here it'll only get them killed. They needed to fear man to have a chance.
Found the donkey. Deer sure on her way.

We had 3 does hanging out here this weekend. Bet at least 2 of them are knocked up to
Burberry made a pet out of herself three years ago when she was a baby! Despite her mom's loud protests, she would come right up to me! My truck makes a ticking noise (think it's the torque converter) and if Burberry hears me coming she'll either follow me (running down the side of the road) or cut through the woods and meet me when I park!

So old Linda deer had her baby (or two) two days ago. Burberry may have lost her old mother!! Her mom was in her 20's, yes that's very old for a whitetail, but we have known her since she was born!! So Burberry is living in the yard. She hangs out with Bear and Buddy , seeming lost! She will have a little one soon, but she is not a good mom! Her one year old boy, Snoz ( he has a big nose), is hanging on the ranch across the road with other displaced yearlings! So I wonder how she will handle being a mom without her mom, her mom always took over the kids when she didn't do good with them!!

Latest posts

Back