Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Seems I've heard this somewhere before! I was privileged to farm with family, folks who had farmed and raised kids during the depression. As a kid I was taught to fix anything broken. If I didn't have a part or a tool then I'd make one. This served me well in life. These days they call it "thinking outside the box".

This guy impressed me. Can't find a hat to fit your big head? Learn to make them! Exactly what he did.

Lots of info in the article, I believe he's in Huntsville. I went to a custom hat shop once near Dallas. It's neat how they are made.
------------------------------------

This Alabama man crafts $750 custom-made hats and they’re awesome

Reginald Corbitt has a big head. Literally. A size-eight cranium. If we’re talking small-medium-large increments, he’s a double extra-large. Growing up in Huntsville, it was a struggle for Corbitt to find many hats in his size...

...After first Corbitt just made hats for himself. He started wearing those hats when he went out and people, friends and strangers alike, often complimented him on them. “People were literally buying them right off my head,” ...

...Now, about four and a half years after he started making hats, Corbitt owns and operates Nathan Mason Hats, a venture named for his sons...

https://www.al.com/life/2021/11/this-alabama-man-crafts-750-custom-made-hats-and-theyre-awesome.html

big head.jpeg

Seems I've heard this somewhere before! I was privileged to farm with family, folks who had farmed and raised kids during the depression. As a kid I was taught to fix anything broken. If I didn't have a part or a tool then I'd make one. This served me well in life. These days they call it "thinking outside the box".

This guy impressed me. Can't find a hat to fit your big head? Learn to make them! Exactly what he did.

Lots of info in the article, I believe he's in Huntsville. I went to a custom hat shop once near Dallas. It's neat how they are made.
------------------------------------

This Alabama man crafts $750 custom-made hats and they’re awesome

Reginald Corbitt has a big head. Literally. A size-eight cranium. If we’re talking small-medium-large increments, he’s a double extra-large. Growing up in Huntsville, it was a struggle for Corbitt to find many hats in his size...

...After first Corbitt just made hats for himself. He started wearing those hats when he went out and people, friends and strangers alike, often complimented him on them. “People were literally buying them right off my head,” ...

...Now, about four and a half years after he started making hats, Corbitt owns and operates Nathan Mason Hats, a venture named for his sons...

https://www.al.com/life/2021/11/this-alabama-man-crafts-750-custom-made-hats-and-theyre-awesome.html

View attachment 75942
People like this give hope to this world!!

My family never hired any work done. They fixed everything themselves, made their own clothing, raised most of their own food. It requires knowledge, skill, intelligence, resources, and tools. Grandparents got electricity around 1940, and never had running water or a telephone on their ranch. They did have a propane fridge and stove for many years.

This man is smart and is probably doing very well financially. If we could all develop a niche for ourselves, we could support ourselves, even in hard times.

Latest posts

Back