Instapots, electric pressure cookers

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swing

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Does anyone have one, and do you use it for everything or just a few things. In other words, is it worth the money to have one?

I've seen the ones on Amazon and they have good reviews, but I've seen some at Walmart and the like that have the same buttons.

If you have experience, I'd love to hear of it.

Absolutely love mine. Wal-Mart had them at Christmas for around $60. I pd around $100 for mine, I have a Cuusinart brand. You can do just about anything in it quicker than a crockpot. I love pork loin, whole chicken, whole potatoes(for potato salad), steel cut oatmeal. You can do beef roasts as well.
I've been using pressure cooker as long as I can remember.

I put a pork loin in with onion soup and get for me and the hubby a meal of reg pork roast and then 1 or2 more pulled pork for barbeque. I do a whole chicken and turn it into chicken and dumplings, tacos or fajitas. Let your imagination run wild!!
Steel cut oats (Irish oats) are done start to finish 13 mins!

NannyPatty, that helps a lot. I have seen the one for about $60 last time I was in Walmart. I have a $100 gift card and was considering it or one of the bigger or "nicer" ones that I could get. I'm not doing a lot of cooking right now as I eat out with someone more often than not, but I'm ready to be at home a bit more. Sounds like I could take to Mom and Dad's and fix them up something yummy.

Other's lets hear about it from you too.

What makes it better than a standard pressure cooker? I have two Presto pressure cookers and two All American canners. I don't think I need another counter top cooker. If the power goes out they are of little value. I can use my other pots on an open fire if needed.

Does anyone have one, and do you use it for everything or just a few things. In other words, is it worth the money to have one?

I've seen the ones on Amazon and they have good reviews, but I've seen some at Walmart and the like that have the same buttons.

If you have experience, I'd love to hear of it.
I have an electric pressure cooker. In my opinon well worth the money.
I bought mine at Wal*Mart last year after Christmas for $49.00.
I use it weekly. Got a pot of beef and vegetable soup going in it now.
Got 9 quarts going right now. Part of which I will can, make into stew, then pot pies for the freezer.
Absolutely love mine. Mine is Faberware brand. It's also in the middle size wise.

Ok I made it to Walmart and see what an instipot is.
I have a Power pressure cooker xl. I use it for spaghetti sauce. I haven’t worked up the courage to use it for anything else yet but I’m feeling inspired by you all.

Ok I made it to Walmart and see what an instipot is.
I have a Power pressure cooker xl. I use it for spaghetti sauce. I haven’t worked up the courage to use it for anything else yet but I’m feeling inspired by you all.
Looks like the same type of cooker just a different brand.
The next time you cook something look for an electric pressure cooker recipe and give it a try.

Double R, the easiest thing to start with is a whole chicken or roast, beef or pork. Just throw it in with about 2 cups of water and a pkg of onion soup mix. Check your recipe book for cook times. Let the pressure off naturally and presto- you have at least a couple of meals.

I was late to the game this time and the one I want is all back ordered until end of the month. Has anyone cooked straight from the freezer chicken breasts? I’ve heard that the install can do it just fine.

I have an Instant Pot and don't know how I managed without one. I was able to get rid of my small pressure cooker, crock pot, rice steamer and yogurt maker as the Instant Pot does all that and more. I just made pulled pork yesterday starting with the low pressure setting to defrost the roast, then switching to the slow cooker setting for 6 hours. Best pulled pork ever -- very tender and juicy even with starting with a frozen roast. I rarely eat rice any more but love the steamed rice setting when I'm making a rice dish for pot lucks. It makes great yogurt. And although it's not recommended, I use it to can acidic things -- I am able to get 4 pints in it, and since I don't have a large garden that is just about perfect. Beats having to pull out the water bath canner. And the cheesecake I make comes out light and fluffy and doesn't crack on top like the oven baked recipe does.

Have I convinced you yet to get one? If you have a chance to get one below $100.00, I'd highly recommend it.

Latest posts

Back