Interesting morning...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBob

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Something woke both my wife and I up at 4am, then we heard 4 rapid fire gunshots down by the gate. I went to the window and saw a pickup hightailing it away.
Nothing out of the ordinary down there, no shell casings, no blood seen in my limited search...possibly road hunters.
Looks like I'll be putting up another camera.
Interesting start to the day :)

Might want to have a look around for whatever they were shooting at, if anything. I had the same thing happen but in the late evening hours. Turns out they shot a deer from the road but didn't bother to recover it. I only realized it once the smell wafted across the field in front of my house.

It does indeed sound like road hunters, but they also sound too close for comfort. On our family farm we have a few game cams set up (and concealed) that are purposely designed to capture license plates. Many will wash out the plate because if the IR illumination and the reflective nature of plates. They are not inexpensive but we have had a few people arrested specifically because of those images and their date/time stamp.

I always wonder why people are up and acting like such fools at that time of the night, or morning? I think they need to work longer hours and then they won't have the time and energy for being so foolish.

I hope you find out who it was. I know, not likely, but sometimes, stuff happens.

It does indeed sound like road hunters, but they also sound too close for comfort. On our family farm we have a few game cams set up (and concealed) that are purposely designed to capture license plates. Many will wash out the plate because if the IR illumination and the reflective nature of plates. They are not inexpensive but we have had a few people arrested specifically because of those images and their date/time stamp.
Yeah, we have game cams on the "driveway" up, but not along the road...I think we will be doing that as well, at least for awhile.

I always wonder why people are up and acting like such fools at that time of the night, or morning? I think they need to work longer hours and then they won't have the time and energy for being so foolish.

I hope you find out who it was. I know, not likely, but sometimes, stuff happens.
I think we will find out. a neighbor down the road is quite upset, apparently they shot his mailbox. Looks like we'll have some practice "guard duty" with the neighbors.
So many meth heads and cookers in the country here....all with guns. We're going to do our part to separate them, for a few years at least.

I think we will find out. a neighbor down the road is quite upset, apparently they shot his mailbox. Looks like we'll have some practice "guard duty" with the neighbors.
So many meth heads and cookers in the country here....all with guns. We're going to do our part to separate them, for a few years at least.
I wonder if those mailboxes were after the meth heads? :sarcasm:

Did you know they make non-lethal Co2 or battery powered claymore mines that "explodes" by launching out dozens of paintballs? Paintballs that could be filled with UV dye or permanent marking paint/ink. Paintballs that could plaster the side of a truck with proof of who was up to nefarious deeds or at least cause them to suffer some 'damage' too. Just sayin'. ;D

airsoft-claymore.jpg

Did you know they make non-lethal Co2 or battery powered claymore mines that "explodes" by launching out dozens of paintballs? Paintballs that could be filled with UV dye or permanent marking paint/ink. Paintballs that could plaster the side of a truck with proof of who was up to nefarious deeds or at least cause them to suffer some 'damage' too. Just sayin'. ;D

View attachment 1599
I wonder what a set-up costs and where you can buy it?

Looks like they are about $99. Although there are plans on the internet for making them at home.

http://www.evike.com/products/28615/

I have thought about buying one and filling it with pepperballs (paintball filled with oleoresin capsicum powder). Would make for a good security device.

Looks like they are about $99. Although there are plans on the internet for making them at home.

http://www.evike.com/products/28615/

I have thought about buying one and filling it with pepperballs (paintball filled with oleoresin capsicum powder). Would make for a good security device.
I think it would be a very good way to add a layer of protection to one's home and property.

Hubby was knelled down in the greenhouse same day yall posted this thread. Somebody in front of our mailbox was arguing and yelling at each other and about 5 shots were fired. I walked down there a few minutes later and didn't see any spent shells or bodies laying around so they either left injured or just missed.

When we first moved here only 3 people lived in this 800 acre area. People were all over our property and these woods hunting. We finally put up barbwire till we could afford a 5' no climb around all 9 acrea's. Used com-a-long to pull it and it broke and wrapped all around me, bad day.
I don't mind the shooting but do fear they may not aim well. So many on drugs now even in the country, it is scairy.

It is everywhere, isn't it? The biggest thing with the drugs is the crime that accompanies it.

I have two nephews who have done time, both drug related, but no one even talks about it in my family. I find out via google.
The meth heads are hiding in the country to cook the meth. Then they sell it in the city. I have been harassing the piece of crap meth dealer up the rd. It is becoming quite fun. Cops can't do anything because they lack evidence. Scum bag customers of his showing up at my house asking for him then for drugs is all the evidence i need. I have had it with the drug balls here!

It is everywhere, isn't it? The biggest thing with the drugs is the crime that accompanies it.

I have two nephews who have done time, both drug related, but no one even talks about it in my family. I find out via google.

About 17 years ago I went to work at this little country bar and dinner club. One side was a nice dinner club with live entertainment piano and horn player . Walk thru the swinging doors and into the bar side with pool table, jukebox, I tended bar on that side.
A really nice bunch of people it seemed, but it was said some did drugs. So I said to the nice man, well you don't do that stuff do you, and he said, ' yes and so does everyone on this end of the bar'. I was shocked. This bar was like the tv 'Cheers' bar. No trouble and we did sell alot of liquor but then noticed some didn't drink as much, just enough to be able to hang around.

The meth heads are hiding in the country to cook the meth. Then they sell it in the city. I have been harassing the piece of crap meth dealer up the rd. It is becoming quite fun. Cops can't do anything because they lack evidence. Scum bag customers of his showing up at my house asking for him then for drugs is all the evidence i need. I have had it with the drug balls here!

The bad part is those who allow them to get away with it. Too much money and corruption to stop it. If our leaders wanted it gone it would be gone so hope Trump will keep his promise and go after these cartels and crooked rulers who tie up the hands of LEO and protect the pushers.

Latest posts

Back