Introducing!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TENNGRIZZ

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Newest member of the Pack , General Sherman and Ginger their Sire is my Elijah Dog their Dam is Daisy Dukes.

Attachments

• received_707854260945189.jpeg
    received_707854260945189.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 2
  • received_818719199382473.jpeg
    received_818719199382473.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 0
I 🤔 I'm going to make this thread about their progress during the next year of their training. I know how they'll turn out if given a chance and most importantly trained properly. I have their sire and great grandsire and Great granddam still here. Their dam is from a close friends line of dogs.out of NW Louisiana, We don't breed to win field trials but to catch and tree game. Protective instincts , Loyalty, Handling, brains , nose , speed, drive , grit , accuracy. Etc Just like my crossbreed chickens having to recreate what our grandparents had to survive the depression with.

I 🤔 I'm going to make this thread about their progress during the next year of their training. I know how they'll turn out if given a chance and most importantly trained properly. I have their sire and great grandsire and Great granddam still here. Their dam is from a close friends line of dogs.out of NW Louisiana, We don't breed to win field trials but to catch and tree game. Protective instincts , Loyalty, Handling, brains , nose , speed, drive , grit , accuracy. Etc Just like my crossbreed chickens having to recreate what our grandparents had to survive the depression with.
Can't wait to follow their progress!!

My neighbor has coon dogs. We share a big holler, him on one side me the other, he's welcome to hunt here anyway. Heard them the other night, still like listening to them hunt down in the bottoms. Lots of folks here still hunt. Funny, every time I catch a coon in a live trap I call a cousin, he uses them for training.

Since I can't walk down big hollers at night... look forward to seeing pics of your dogs.

Thinking about it... I was living in Wisconsin when young, met a girlfriend's family. Several brothers and cousins coon hunted on mules. There were a lot of 500/1000acre fields. Nope, drop me in a swamp and I'm fine. Besides, my uncle had a mule I had to work a few times, hated that darn thing! lol

Back