Is cyber attacks our next disaster?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand why anyone who lives in areas that have bad storms don't have multiple sources of power. Besides my solar set up I have I have two 12kw generators plus a 10kw, an 8.5kw, a 6kw and a 3.5kw generators. Plus enough fuel for about a year or more.
I recently bought a 110 watt solar panel front Northern Tool to mount on my pump house to keep the well pump generator battery charged. It cost $200 and included a 300 watt inverter and a charge controller. I'm going to order another one for the chicken coop.

While I was at Harbor Freight yesterday, the thought occurred to me that I should carry a suitcase solar panel and small AGM battery in the car in case the car battery dies.
I almost bought them on the spot, but I don't like making on the spot decisions like that. I need to think it over, but I'm pretty sure I will at some point (soon).

I carry this jumper pack in 2 of the vehicles. Even got them for my kids
Good for 2-3 jump starts and USB ports and flashlight
IMG_0223.jpeg

Guy that bought our old LC and made it into an off road machine applied solar panels to the hood. But he spent more than the 60 I did.

I carry this jumper pack in 2 of the vehicles. Even got them for my kids
Good for 2-3 jump starts and USB ports and flashlight
View attachment 20155
Guy that bought our old LC and made it into an off road machine applied solar panels to the hood. But he spent more than the 60 I did.

My daughter and SIL turned us on to these. They work!

Last edited:
This conversation got me thinking. Anyone who understands the “smart grid” please chime in! Is it true that the government could…and are planning to take the power generated in one area and totally remove it from that area (think Rural) and send ALL of it to large Urban areas, even in another state? Are they legally allowed to do this? If so, I envision them doing exactly that to Red States as well as all Rural Counties in the not too distant future. Thoughts?

This conversation got me thinking. Anyone who understands the “smart grid” please chime in! Is it true that the government could…and are planning to take the power generated in one area and totally remove it from that area (think Rural) and send ALL of it to large Urban areas, even in another state? Are they legally allowed to do this? If so, I envision them doing exactly that to Red States as well as all Rural Counties in the not too distant future. Thoughts?
They can shut off whole areas. The Kommunist Republic’s power company does it all the time when faced with potential storms during fire season. My power doesn't come from the lines 3 miles away. It comes underground from 8 miles away. If some one hits a pole where it is above ground, I lose power.
Up at my new place, whole area lost power for a week because of fires. Power company is powering whole area with portable Gen units. Main transmission lines go through the fire zone.

It wouldn't take much , just a map of where the underground fiber lines are and a bunch of backhoes " or even shovels and a axe " to cut multiple fiber optic lines . An organized team of saboteurs could easily shut down banks , fuel stations and other stores over an entire country in an overnight digging expedition .

Or a auger and dynamite.. I wonder if fiber optics lines has any sub stations.
Distance fiber optic can be run is 62 miles between substations. Far better than 3 miles for DSL.

the most likely to commit a cyber attack in no particular order,,,
China,,, Russia,,,, North Korea ,,,,, India they are already the king of all SCAMMERS

and lets not forget that the good old USA is not without keyboard wizards of their own,, so you see these 5 are the most likely to commit CYBER ATTACKS ON A ENEMY

the most likely to commit a cyber attack in no particular order,,,
China,,, Russia,,,, North Korea ,,,,, India they are already the king of all SCAMMERS

and lets not forget that the good old USA is not without keyboard wizards of their own,, so you see these 5 are the most likely to commit CYBER ATTACKS ON A ENEMY

You speak the truth. My son was one of those "keyborard wizards" for the USA. Now he teaches it to the new generation.

Who is your country Sherriff? Is he on the ball like this guy or is he asleep at the wheel? In a crisis the country sheriffs could be your best friend or your worst enemy.

https://www.journal-news.com/news/v...ecurity/692756cb-289b-43d8-b59f-4aa3fb8c6788/

I clicked the link and got this message:

Our apologies, unfortunately our website is currently unavailable in most European countries due to GDPR rules.

My IP address is in the EU. Weird how they don;t want their people getting this news

Now according to this it will be from Russia. You know how this goes, just blame Russia. Is that why Biden is "panicking" and try to make what is happening with Russia and Ukraine bigger than what it really is? My guess will be a cyber attack may just happen, but from our own Government. Hope I am wrong. . .
View attachment 14879
I don't understand how Putin allows them to belittle his country? He is their leader and says nothing. I guess if he does they wouldn't believe him anyways. Sad that your country, the largest country just gets bashed all the time and you don't stand up for them.

Throw it in the hat WIth Chris Wray warning 5 months ago about homeland security threat from Hamas/Iranians...whatever! How many have already forgotten about that announcement? Fear mongering lies, or they (FBI) are planning something...I'm sure there will be more announcements to come, til most are conditioned to hearing it and continue to respond with with eye rolls...then... boom..

"Well, we warned ya"

Latest posts

Back