Is everybody up late tonight too?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno... I don't feel crummy, no upset stomach, no real reason to be up, but I couldn't sleep. Guess that leftover roast beef I ate hours earlier powered me up, lol. I'm having a cold beer and possibly a snack before lying down again... ya don't suppose we were selected by the cosmos to witness some spectacular event? Or maybe the aliens are on their way and we're tuned into their commo system? No, wait, the aliens are already here, lol... ;)

I just checked the thermostat in the hall, and it's back up to 80* F at 0115 hours... maybe that's why I couldn't sleep, though I had the fan on in my room. I'm gonna crank the A/C for a bit, then try my luck again. 🤔

This cold Coors is going down fast, might hafta grab another while I'm waiting for the temp to drop... 😉

I was up til 2am, watching Soprano's dvds. Went to bed but was still awake at 3, dropped off after that.
I don't fall asleep worthadam anymore. :(
After enough beer, I actually start to feel "good". Brain is busy.
I don't even attempt to go to bed before 1am anymore, just tossing happens.
I get maybe 4-5hrs sleep each night.
Don't be me.:(

Usually I stop by here in the middle of the night...some day i might start forcing myself to actually go to bed before midnight. You know, where you get ready for bed, you get into bed, you turn off the light and fall asleep...yeah, that. I don't do that but in the meantime nod off like some old lady for a couple hours. When I get tired of that I wake up.
:confused2: 🤪
Then I get ready for bed. If I go to bed early, I usually wake up in the middle of the night and stay awake for a couple of hours for no reason. Taking Vitamin D helps somewhat, but whatever, they say as humans age they don't need as much sleep.
🤔 Plus, I'm a night owl and I don't drink alcohol or coffee.
Don't be me either. 🥳

It's toooooo late, I am you. Makes Lori Crazy, I fall asleep in minutes. 10 Mg Melatonin. Doesn't do diddly for Lori, but I am OUT, 4-6 hours later, it's all hands on deck, the day has started

I’m usually in bed 8-8:30. Last night it was about 9 - no biggy. But last night, I had the windows open and this morning about 2:30 the wind caught our bedroom door and slammed it. I was awake until about 4:15 and slept maybe an hour. Hopefully tonight I can sleep through the night.

Was up half the night last night after an excruciating afternoon in family court trying to get my back child support owed and listening to my ex complain about why he couldn't afford $300 a month for 2 children and didn't pay for years.
He offered to settle for 20k. The amount awarded to me ... well over $100k. Ha.

Not sure I'll ever see it though. Now I want to go to bed, but I should stay up another hour at least so I can sleep through the night

Was up half the night last night after an excruciating afternoon in family court trying to get my back child support owed and listening to my ex complain about why he couldn't afford $300 a month for 2 children and didn't pay for years.
He offered to settle for 20k. The amount awarded to me ... well over $100k. Ha.

Not sure I'll ever see it though. Now I want to go to bed, but I should stay up another hour at least so I can sleep through the night
That's enough to keep a person up at night. My daughter has never received a penny from her POS ex. Her kids are now 6 and 8. Not likely she'll ever get and $$ from this jerk. He's never even asked about these kids.

That's enough to keep a person up at night. My daughter has never received a penny from her POS ex. Her kids are now 6 and 8. Not likely she'll ever get and $$ from this jerk. He's never even asked about these kids.
That's how my ex was. I busted my butt through school with 2 kids by myself, got food boxes from the church and help from friends babysitting. My kids grew up in a lab at school lol. They learned the value of perseverance and hard work though, they are now 22 and 20 and want nothing to do with their POS bio dad. Your daughter and grandkids are much better off.

I think I am SUPERVISOR PEARL!!😮 Nah, I'm THE BOSS!!😉

Not staying up late. More than likely, getting up very early. My sleep habits are a mess, but one of the blessings of retirement is having nowhere to go, and being able to nap.

That's how my ex was. I busted my butt through school with 2 kids by myself, got food boxes from the church and help from friends babysitting. My kids grew up in a lab at school lol. They learned the value of perseverance and hard work though, they are now 22 and 20 and want nothing to do with their POS bio dad. Your daughter and grandkids are much better off.
I know about perseverance. It took me 12 years to get a 2 year degree. I was hoping for an award for stubbornness. 😂

Latest posts

Back