Is It Safe to Take Tylenol (Acetaminophen) With Advil or Motrin (Ibuprofen)?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate the opinion. I have taken 3 at a time before, you could count the number of times on one hand. My wife has taken 4 at a time though. I don't know if it's a regional thing, or a different experience thing, but the docs and NP's (PA's too) here are not shy about saying that 3 or 4 at a time can be done (as a short term thing, with appropriate intervals between doses). But I still don't do it personally, except for those few rare occasions when I took 3 Advil. I am much more on the conservative side when it comes to medications, any medication. My wife is more liberal in that regard.
Short term, generally ok, like with a surgery, etc. You definitely don't want to do it long term, and always use caution if you have any sort of kidney impairment (and even diabetes as you can get thrown into acute kidney injury quickly). I would also use caution if you are on diuretics (lasix, spironolactone) or any ACE/ARB medication (lisinopril, losartan) as those all in combination (most often used in pts in heart failure) can wreak havoc on kidneys.

An when I used to have Migrains I added in 2 asprins into the mix. . 2, 2, and 2.
I have been taking an aspirin/tylenol/caffeine mix for migraines. Excedrin makes a migraine tablet that is the same mix as their Extra Strength Excedrin. I compared the ingredients of the two and they were identical ingredients. The migraine tablet is often more expensive for the same quantity.

When I was a child, Vanquish, an aspirin - tylenol combination, was recommended for my grandparent's arthritis. It was my over the counter pain medication for decades. It is not so easy to find now.

I don't think I've ever taken Advil or Ibuprofen.

Latest posts

Back