Is there a free "SAFE" Virus remover for computer..??

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My generic advice is to restore everything, the OS and all your data, from a backup taken before the virus infected your computer. Most people do not have good backups however. My second advice is to reinstall everything, the OS and all your data, from scratch, from the original installation media. Restoring your personal data would have to come from backups however. And this will still be a problem if there are no backups of your data. Third best is trying to "clean" the virus from your live system. This can get dicey, because how successful this may be is dependent on what the specific virus (or viruses) may be, your operating system, etc. I am assuming that you are running Windows (that's where most virus infections occur) so I would suggest looking for a Windows-specific security forum and ask what might be the best software for you to use. Asking here - no offense intended to our members - will most likely get responses of "this is what I used once, way back when" which doesn't really tell you anything about what is the best current software to use for your specific situation. There may be some Windows security expert here on our forums, I don't know. Chances are probably slim however. I hope you get it all sorted out. This can sometimes be a real mess.

You didn't give a lot of details. What's the file name for the virus software? An internet search for that should provide answers from others on how they got rid of it.
I got a really nasty virus years ago. None of my normal products could get rid of it. I installed a product called "Revo Uninstaller" and it removed it without issue.

Microsoft has the builtin Windows Defender that you can try running and see if it finds the virus. Sophos has free removal tools if you know what virus you were infected with... can just Google the name and Sophos. Free tools are hard to come by now... at least ones that are not Spyware themselves. I've been working bin I.T. for 20 some odd years. Best option is rebuilding from scratch, but I get that most don't have backups of everything to do that.

Looks like my computer needs help
Yesterday morning I must have accidentally clicked on something and up pops one of those takeover kinds of things. I was on my way out and decided to take my laptop to my local computer repair place. Guy was able to shut all of that off by using the Alt key and something else. He had that baloney gone in less than a minute and didn't charge me a thing. I decided to come home and run my software to clean up the computer. Its all good now.

I ask because I am having a Hard-Time getting some more RAM for Me HP Compaq Presario CQ60-211DX Notebook PC...!!

Posted that ^^^ in the Buy/Sale/Barter Section also...!

Latest posts

Back