It's about time.....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used these people last year: https://www.waypointanalytical.com/SoilsMedia

I ordered the S3M test and it gave me a lot of useful information including pH, CEC, and lots of other bits of info that was helpful in getting the soil amended. What you may need may vary according to where you are. I think I paid something around $15 - $20 plus whatever postage happened to be. It's not that expensive.

I think it's a very good idea to know where you're starting from to know what to do. A few years ago, in another state, I started with a soil sample thinking I would have to add lime, ... causes EVERYBODY around there added lime. Um, the soil test results came back with the soil pH of 8.1. Lime would have been totally WRONG. What I had to add was sulfur, and a few other things, but had I added lime, it would have only made it worse. Knowing where you are will help you know what direction to go to get to where you want to be.

FWIW...

POPOP good advice about the lime too. I heard on potatoes sulfur helps prevent scab, don't know. Wish us luck.:gardening:

Latest posts

Back