It's NATIONAL CANDY CORN DAY🤮

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Luv Candy Corn!😍
Classic%20Candy%20Corn%204.2%20Oz.png

Put all that crap in a microwave and nuke it for a minute, see if it still looks edible.
I know I'll be buying candy corn tomorrow. I need some possum bait.

Back in the day when I worked for the man, I would often bring a fresh dozen donuts for the guys. It was customary. The first few times I did it, they were suspicious:

"what'd you do to those donuts?"

Especially because I wouldn't touch them. And if they asked, I would reply simply:

"poison. death."

They'd all laugh and grab another donut.

Everybody look where your Halloween candy was made, if it was anywhere but America or Canada, fatten the hogs with it. Boycott Chinese food, they piss in it and mix it with rocket fuel... yum?

There was a time when a big bakery had a local outlet store.. We called it the day old store.. They had racks and racks of ...critter food... for free.. You had to sign saying ..not for human consumption..

I used to use a lot of ...kid snacks.. as bait in bear live traps.. Worked well... Candy corn as possum bait.. Likely would work well..

If the raccoons don't get there first..
Only 1 place I live trapped bear there were raccoons.. No possum.. Occasionally raccoons would get bait off the floor of the bear trap.. I suspect the bears just viewed them as warm protein..

To further explain a bit.. The commercial ...kids snacks... that came outdated as critter feed from the bread store... They were a kind of Twinkie cake snack.. To qualify as ...kid healthy.. by what ever standards necessary they were ...peanut free, no gluten, and a whole bunch of other restrictions to be ...kid healthy.. I suspect a lot of extra processing... Besides, even if in date and supposedly ...healthy... they didn't taste that good.. You likely couldn't get even a hungry kid to eat the second one... But bears would gobble them down..

We get a lot of candy from my clients! Cold here this Halloween, a lot of leftover candy!! I'm not even a candy eater, but got some good stuff today!!😃🍬🍫🍪
I always buy the 'good' small candy bars because I remember as a little kid going out for hours and coming home with a bag of nothing but saltwater taffy and last year's candy-canes:(. I swore that would never be me😡.
And guess who gets to eat my leftover Halloween candy bars today...
That be me!!!:woo hoo:

Reactions: Neb

Latest posts

Back