It's Official: President Trump Has Signed Space Force Into Existence

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
About time. Should have happened when Reagan was president.

https://www.military.com/daily-news...t-trump-has-signed-space-force-existence.html

It's Official: President Trump Has Signed Space Force Into Existence

deltaivheavyrocket1500.png.jpg

The Mobile Service Tower is rolled back to reveal the United Launch Alliance Delta IV Heavy rocket with the Parker Solar Probe onboard, Saturday, Aug. 11, 2018, Launch Complex 37 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Fla. (Bill Ingalls/NASA via AP)
20 Dec 2019
Military.com | By Oriana Pawlyk

Roughly 16,000 active-duty and civilian personnel that make up Air Force Space Command are now assigned to the U.S. Space Force following President Donald Trump's signing of the fiscal 2020 National Defense Authorization Act on Friday evening.

During the signing ceremony, Trump appointed Gen. Jay Raymond as the first Chief of Space Operations. Raymond, who also leads U.S. Space Command, will report to the secretary of the Air Force and sit as a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Throughout the next 18 months, the U.S. Air Force will further identify the appropriate personnel to transfer branches and become U.S. Space Force service members.

"All airmen currently assigned to Air Force Space Command will now be assigned to U.S. Space Force (USSF)," the service outlined in a document Friday ahead of the NDAA enactment.

Within 60 days, the Air Force will reach out to uniformed airmen "to inform them whether their specialty code is organic to the Space Force, organic to the Air Force, or shared between Air Force and Space Forces," the document states.

Related: Here's How US Space Force Will Be Built

"Airmen will be provided options, depending on their specialty code, to volunteer to transfer to the USSF. Based on their preferences and Air Force and Space Force needs, airmen will be selected for Air or Space Force, and we will work to transfer those selected for the Space Force," it continues.

Those service members will retain their rank or grade and their pay remains the same, officials said.

"[The move] will not affect time-in-grade or retirement eligibility," the document says.

Air Force officials, discussing the move on background Friday, told reporters that Space Force cadre members will follow Air Force protocols when it comes to day-to-day activities, standards and requirements like physical training. But as personnel form their own Space Force culture, policies -- and someday, uniforms -- will be amended.

Potential service members may see a separate Space Force recruiting website down the line, but a separate service academy for space is not currently under consideration, an official said, adding the Defense Department will leverage current recruiting methods and commission officers from existing service academies, Reserve Officer Training Corps programs and officer candidate schools.

Raymond said there are now plans in motion to redesignate Air Force units with a space-only mission, and realign bases for the space mission.

Those bases are in various locations in Colorado, including Buckley Air Force Base, Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station, Peterson Air Force Base and Schriever Air Force Base, as well as the Army's Redstone Arsenal in Alabama, Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, and Patrick Air Force Base in Florida.

For example, "Patrick Air Force Base" may be renamed "Patrick Space Base," or something to that effect, the general said during a briefing at the Pentagon.

While USSF will be headquartered in the Pentagon, some of those bases are also under consideration to house the Defense Department's newest unified combatant command, U.S. Space Command, which is responsible for planning and conducting space military operations. A large portion of SPACECOM's work is currently being conducted at Peterson, which was originally home to the now-defunct Air Force Space Command.

"There's still a lot of planning," Raymond said.

More information will be forthcoming on how troops may be called to support Space Force in a transferred or assigned capacity, according to the document.

For example, an airman who is "assigned" is a "person who performs work in support of a specific mission, in this case the U.S. Space Force; a 'transferred' individual in this situation is someone who has changed their enlistment or appointment as an officer from one particular branch of the Armed Forces to another," the document states.

Soldiers, sailors or Marines who support space operations and want to be a part of Space Force may request an interservice transfer. The service member's chain of command will make decisions "based on the member's ability to perform the new mission and the needs of both gaining and losing services," according to the document.

Alongside Raymond, Air Force Secretary Barbara Barrett said while Pentagon and Air Force officials will be working efficiently to create the military's sixth service branch, it will still be done in phased approaches, especially considering that the full $72 million request was cut short by $32 million in the appropriations defense bill.

"It's less than what was requested, but we'll quite ably work with the amount that was appropriated," she said.

Congress mandated the newly established service would be required to use existing personnel, preventing the Pentagon from making new hires in the beginning to limit redundancy and bureaucratic bloat.

There is opportunity to amend the structure as planners move forward, Raymond said.

"We've looked at and we continue to look at the organizational constructs to build this force in a way that is consistent [with] the way we need to operate successfully," he said.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.png

This is all good and important but thats not why we voted for Trump.
I don't think the ones taking over our nation will care about space techology that much. We have already lost control of our house and the senate is looking in danger with the loss of more states.

He promised to stop the invasions . News today Dec. 23 ,2019 says they are taking over our nstion one state and county at a time.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/study-immigration-redistribute-26-congressional-seats-blue-states-376361/

The nation’s illegal and legal immigration system will help shift 26 congressional seats, primarily from red states, and redistribute them to mostly blue states next year, according to new analysis.

Every year, the United States imports about 1.2 million legal immigrants who largely arrive to reunite with foreign relatives already in the country. This level of annual legal immigration is in addition to the hundreds of thousands of foreign workers who arrive on work visas every year and nearly a million illegal aliens who successfully enter the U.S.

Strong national defense is definitely one reason why I voted for him and why many other Americans voted for him.

But this thread is not about immigration or other political woes, it's about U.S. Space Force.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

We are under attck and it ain't from space aleans. Its from far left groups going after Americans and using hate speech to silence and soon persecute Americans who don't keep them in power.

umbersUSA is the grassroots arm of the network of anti-immigration groups founded by John Tanton, an activist with white nationalist leanings and a fondness for extreme “population control” measures.

Roy Beck, the executive director of NumbersUSA, founded the grassroots activism group in 1996 under the umbrella of Tanton’s foundation, U.S. Inc. At the foundation, he also served as an editor of Tanton’s “The Social Contract” magazine, which later became infamous for publishing the work of white nationalist writers, and helped edit a book by Tanton and Wayne Lutton, a white supremacist who would later become the editor of “The Social Contract.” In 2002, Beck split his group from Tanton’s and began the process of attempting to separate himself from his former employer’s controversial views. Although Beck has attempted to distance himself from some of these more unsavory associations, NumbersUSA’s restrictionist goals remain in line with the goals promoted by Tanton.

We need to stop praising these actiins that are nto that important at the time . We have basicaly lost our free speech, right ot private property whioe they put on the pony shows that aren't that pressing.
Maybe George Carlon was right, " Its a club and we you in it " [ leaving out the slew of of cuss words of course ] .

Ok I'm done disagreeing with yall about Trump now and hoping to make myself stay the heck out of things I can't change.

You did pick up that this thread is about Space Force right? Because that was a whole lot of stuff having nothing to do with Space Force. If you want to make a thread about other non-Space Force related stuff you can feel free to do that. But if you post here, it should be about our awesome President and his awesome Space Force. The first every Commander and Chief of Space Force!

external-content.duckduckgo.comww.jpg

You did pick up that this thread is about Space Force right? Because that was a whole lot of stuff having nothing to do with Space Force. If you want to make a thread about other non-Space Force related stuff you can feel free to do that. But if you post here, it should be about our awesome President and his awesome Space Force. The first every Commander and Chief of Space Force!

View attachment 31723

OK I got it. :). I just get all spaced out about space things :)and twilight zones. And I like space it keeeps my web going.
Picture of Astronault Trump was funny too :cool:.
All other nations are advancing their space programs so yes we do need to keep up. Now I have a space song in my head, Billy Joe Royal.
Now I'm going to get back to :D ,no not that, but my garden and hens.

We are under attck and it ain't from space aleans.

Are you 100% certain of that?

The US Navy recently released video of an unidentified flying object that defy's the laws of Physics as we know them. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Navy released this video to the public at the same time that POTUS wants the Space Force.

I remember when Trump first got in office and almost immediately after being elected started talking about the Space Force and pushing hard for it. It was almost like he KNOWs something that none of us know. I think he'd like to tell us, but can't. However, his sense of urgency about this tells me a lot. I don't know what the threat is, but I'm quite certain there IS a threat that he wants to defend us against. I don't know if it's aliens or other nations or something else........but I do trust in him that we need this new branch. I do believe he loves our country.

POTUS also got his funding for the wall. He has been working on getting those other aliens under control too, which has been difficult considering Congress wouldn't help him at all. This POTUS can do many things on several fronts at one time. He's working on it all and is making progress. It's a slow slog......trudging through the swamp ain't easy to do!

The US Navy has patented things that sound like Sci Fi. They have also told their people to report any and all UFO's, as they may actually be experimental aircraft from China, Russia, etc. Keep in mind the US had Stealth Bombers in the 1950's and we never heard about them for 30+ years. Imagine what they are rolling out in 2020 that we won't know about until 2050. Plus it doesn't take much imagination to realize that a satellite mounted weapons or aircraft capable of orbital flight could very well be the next evolution of warfare.

Plus it doesn't take much imagination to realize that a satellite mounted weapons or aircraft capable of orbital flight could very well be the next evolution of warfare.

Exactly! Remember when Reagan was talking about the Star Wars program with the Russians? That was back in the 80's and look where we are today. I'm sure we still don't even know the full extent of the Star Wars program even from back then. Space is most certainly the next logical step.

I am of the mind that there is a lot of ‘repressed’ technology that opening a new branch of the military might just bring out. Energy for one. Think what would be required for any kind of longer-term space travel. There is talk of putting ‘’bases’ on other planets, how will they be manufactured and powered? They sure as heck are not going to transport every single nut and bolt up there to assemble them. How about the resources to maintain personnel on a distant location. They would have to manufacture food, water, atmosphere and such on-site to maintain them long term.

I believe the new branch is about more than military superiority. It is about technological advancement.

Aliens are never going to attack us.
We have nothing they can't get closer to home.
They have technology that is so far above ours that the only reason to come here is to keep us from destroying our world.
They have been coming here for millenia if they wanted us or our planet they could have had it a very long time ago.
They are probably concerned that our war like nature could become a problem to the greater galaxie if we are allowed to spread before we are emotionally and spiritually mature.
I wonder if our nuclear weapons exploding causes effects in other dimensions.
We need to fix US before we spread very far.

Wow a triple post!

Yep! three of them!

Latest posts

Back