Junk prescription meds

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Cliff

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Have any of you with a regular prescription ever gotten a refill that just didn't work well as it had before? I have been on a pain med for years (Norco) Up till a couple months ago I only took it occasionally. about 2 1/2 months ago my neck went all to hell just because it felt like it. Incredible amount of pain. My Dr. knows all about my neck and he knows I don't like to take meds so gives me what I need.
The batch of pills I got a month ago were ok but nothing to brag about. I did end up running short because of the bad pain. I got a refill yesterday. Nothing....I take it with 2 Excedrin and it usually works like magic Nope. Not this stuff. I took it at 11:00am, Couldn't tell much. took it again at 8:00pm. It felt like the Excedrin was working and knocked the pain down a little bit. I stayed up late till about 2:00 am and felt like a headache coming on. A bit unusual for such a short time. I took half of a pill 5mg. and no Excedrin. I was awaken at 6:00am by a screaming headache and nausea. I got up and took both meds and got a couple ice packs. It took about 20 minutes to settle down a little. I didn't get back to sleep. I got up around 10:30 and went to CVS to find out what the hell they had given me. Unfortunately there was a fill in pharmacist that was absolutely worthless. Her reaction was "Oh well" I would just have to go with pain meds for a month to get more. (New NC laws)

Have any of you with a regular prescription ever gotten a refill that just didn't work well as it had before? I have been on a pain med for years (Norco) Up till a couple months ago I only took it occasionally. about 2 1/2 months ago my neck went all to hell just because it felt like it. Incredible amount of pain. My Dr. knows all about my neck and he knows I don't like to take meds so gives me what I need.
The batch of pills I got a month ago were ok but nothing to brag about. I did end up running short because of the bad pain. I got a refill yesterday. Nothing....I take it with 2 Excedrin and it usually works like magic Nope. Not this stuff. I took it at 11:00am, Couldn't tell much. took it again at 8:00pm. It felt like the Excedrin was working and knocked the pain down a little bit. I stayed up late till about 2:00 am and felt like a headache coming on. A bit unusual for such a short time. I took half of a pill 5mg. and no Excedrin. I was awaken at 6:00am by a screaming headache and nausea. I got up and took both meds and got a couple ice packs. It took about 20 minutes to settle down a little. I didn't get back to sleep. I got up around 10:30 and went to CVS to find out what the hell they had given me. Unfortunately there was a fill in pharmacist that was absolutely worthless. Her reaction was "Oh well" I would just have to go with pain meds for a month to get more. (New NC laws)
I wonder if you are being given something else, and not the original medication? Pain medication is one of the most stolen meds.

You've tried talking to the doctor or the office staff? That really sucks. Hope it is resolved quickly.
I recently got a refill (not pain pills) and the pills were smaller than before, supposedly same mg. The results for the first two days weren't the best, but it eventually straightened out. I think mine must be a different manufacturer too

My Dad had that problem with pain meds after his back surgery. Bottle #1 didn't help, they took it back and refilled it and he suddenly got relief. While the pills looked the same, something was definitely wrong (or missing) in the first batch.

I know that gerneric meds makes me so sick I can't stand it so after a week I chenged to name brand and it cost lots. We did find a website GoodRX I thin it is that gave me a $70 discount o itstead of $270 it cost #199.00 for 30 pills!:ghostly:so I cut the Plavix in half and it last twice as long hope it doesn't cause blood clot but have to take chance.
I find the name brand isn'y as bad but still makes me sick and don't like to eat. Hubby keeps pushing food on me saying I'm losing too much weight. I did eat a half egg sandwich this morning.Sometimes I take an extra baby aspirin .

I know that gerneric meds makes me so sick I can't stand it so after a week I chenged to name brand and it cost lots. We did find a website GoodRX I thin it is that gave me a $70 discount o itstead of $270 it cost #199.00 for 30 pills!:ghostly:so I cut the Plavix in half and it last twice as long hope it doesn't cause blood clot but have to take chance.
I find the name brand isn'y as bad but still makes me sick and don't like to eat. Hubby keeps pushing food on me saying I'm losing too much weight. I did eat a half egg sandwich this morning.Sometimes I take an extra baby aspirin .

This is just my personal testimony.
I had my first massive heart attack in 1997.
I was put on plavix , stayed on it for 5 years,
Moved, changed cardiologist, he told me that it is clinical proven fact that aspirin does exactly the same thing as plavix .
It don't thin blood, it coats the cells so they don't clot.
I been on baby aspirin , one a day , ever since.

It works for me.

Plavix was/is suppose to be only temporary.

Jim

Last edited:
This is just my personal testimony.
I had my first massive heart attack in 1997.
I was put on plavix , stayed on it for 5 years,
Moved, changed cardiologist, he told me that it is clinical proven fact that aspirin does exactly the same thing as plavix .
It don't thin blood, it coats the cells so they don't clot.
I been on baby aspirin , one a day , ever since.

It works for me.

Plavix was/is suppose to be only temporary.

Jim

They told me since the stents they put in me are DES aka medicated stents that can cause blood to clot and I have to take Plavix PLUS baby asprinor a blood thinner for 6 months to a year.

I have been very sick from this med and this morning was really terrible got very weak and sick plus no sleep last night.

I feel a little better last few hours.
Jim I can't take this misery but afriad too of blood clot,but I think I may stop this damn stuff and take my chances.
One of the side effects of this crap is also pancreatitis and in 1984 that almost killed me called in pracher for last rights,in coma for 12 days all from a cloggged gallbladder stone.

Thanks you Jim and so glad you got off this poison BS drug.:thumbs:.

@Meerkat ,
I don't dare advise you about your medical situation.
All I can tell you is what I did, and what I was told by one of the best cardiologist in the country.
You really should talk to the doctor about the side effects your having.
There are alternatives.

Jim

I know you are not advicing me ,no worry. I am glad you are just saying what worked for you.
My doctor is a joke! 2 weeks after surgery he let his nurse talk to us and she is a real fool.
I went to give him a list of questions and she took my note and said if the meds make you sick I can't make you take them.:devil:Hubby said " give backthe list". Next dr appt is in mid May. I had on list what to do about my black and blue arms and knots where IVs were. She said nothing except 'can't make you take the meds'.
I have a bad reputation with these local dr.s for asking queaions and not taking meds they advised for past 20 years. I did take the BP duritic sometimes.

I had an issue with astrovastatin. I went to my appointment with the cardiologist about 8 months ago. when my cholesterol was 114. I thought it to be a little low. I went two months ago and it was 7, yes 7. He dropped it to half. I spoke with my GP a few days later. He was shocked. he cut it again to 1/4 of what I was taking. Saw my chiropractor later that day. He does more than chiropractic. He told me the side effects of the extremely low cholesterol. It starts eating away at the white matter in the brain. I cut it off right away.

I had an issue with astrovastatin. I went to my appointment with the cardiologist about 8 months ago. when my cholesterol was 114. I thought it to be a little low. I went two months ago and it was 7, yes 7. He dropped it to half. I spoke with my GP a few days later. He was shocked. he cut it again to 1/4 of what I was taking. Saw my chiropractor later that day. He does more than chiropractic. He told me the side effects of the extremely low cholesterol. It starts eating away at the white matter in the brain. I cut it off right away.

Trust but verify,always. They won't like it but it may be good for your health.

Latest posts

Back