Just Saying Howdy

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Just a tired Cowpoke.

After the War of Northern Aggression spent some time down Mexico way. Moseyed back across the border to a career of liberating Yankee railroad gold shipments. Seems the railroad objected a bit because the Pinkertons became thicker then flies on cow-dung on a hot summer day.

Worked as a Range Detective in South Dakota as the Pinkertons and the Railroad lost the trail before I headed to Kansas. Found me a nice spread, built a cabin, dug a well and accumulated more then 100 head of Mavericks. Things were going good. Had me two trustworthy hired hands and was even considering making a honest woman out of the Widow Johnson.

Started having problem with Rustlers stirred up by the Pinkertons? Planted a few, few more got trampled and a few more just disappeared. Hired hands were a scared off. Widow Johnson went back east to family. Well went dry. Time for me to move on too I reckon.

Looking for some free range with a creek that ain't got no neighbors within a days ride. Town folks that aren't abothered by an occasional visit by a opinionated old cowpoke that is set in his ways. Have I found it?

Welcome aboard LazyL!

CowboySmileyGunFixHat_XL.gif

Warm Welcome from the Arizona Valley folks. Glad you found the pass leading to this range. Looking forward to more of your postings.

Ya buddy! I wasn't sure if you were gonna make it here. So glad you did! Looking forward to more stories!!

A name I haven't seen in awhile. Glad to know you're still out there kicking around and keeping the peace.

Welc0me LL. I never understood one thing... why do you guys poke cows?

--tort-

Back