King Arthur flour gone woke

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes...Blackrock is behind a lot of it.
Doc.... Um.. I hate to sound like an hick.. But please explain who ..Blackrock.. is..??
Thanks..
==
As far as specialty flours go, I know nothing about them.... We always used Loblaw store brand (Canadian equivalent of Super Value grocery wholesale company) bulk, 10 kilo flour for everything.. Regardless of how the dough was mixed or baked, by hand, KitchenAid mixer, bread machine, 1930s bread bucket.. It all was good to me..

My 5 cents of experience...

Yes... Excluding a race of bakers would trigger me to drop them like a hot rock..

Also known as Winter Wheat!
When we lived in the pan handle of Texas, just before we left for Oregon we bought a 50 # sack of red hard winter wheat, a few years after we move to our new property I planted about a 1/2 acre of that wheat on our lower garden, it was amazing to see the dark green foliage, it's like every seed I planted came up, trouble is our neighbor cow go out and came over to feed on the wheat and not having any fences I didn't want that to happen again so I just mowed it all down, actually , I should have let it grow to see how well it would have produced wheat heads and given me seed for years to come, but it was surprising to see how thick the growth was. In those days we didn't have elk around or they would have been feeding on it too.

Can Heartily Recommend: https://www.thewondermill.com/index.php/module/statics/action/view_listing/page/53 :cool: Also, there's 'Efficiency-boosting options', ie: https://www.thewondermill.com/index.php/module/statics/action/view_listing/page/48 🤔 ..but, personally, I prefer the 'Hand-Labor'. 👍 That said, 'Spare Parts' / alternate accoutrements are Always wise. :cool:

Fwiw..
jd
We found a Golden Grain stone grinder made in Utah, at a local second hand store for under $100 dollars, it was used but the stones were like new. It had a 3/4 hp motor to run it but it could be run by a crank or a bicycle as it came with a crank and a chain sprocket. I later found from a woman that was a Mormon that this machine was really worth over what we paid for it with all the accessories we had. She did tell me not to grind oat flour as the oat grain would smush into the grinding stones, to grind oats use a blender. This flour grinder can be seen on the www.wisementrading.com web site, the one they show looks just like ours.

Last edited:
Do you suppose a lot of ...woke... is driven by investors ?? For instance if a retirement fund or other group that handles a lot of money says to a company you go ...inclusive... or our investors will sell of there shares in your company... If so.. I would seem a lot of company ..woke.. is driven from outside as well as internal feelings.. ??

.If an investor say they are going to disinvest , they can only do that by selling there shares if I am correct , they can only sell if someone else buys them ,so it is only a change of ownership of the shares , as I see it in simple terms , please correct me if I am wrong

When we lived in the pan handle of Texas, just before we left for Oregon we bought a 50 # sack of red hard winter wheat, a few years after we move to our new property I planted about a 1/2 acre of that wheat on our lower garden, it was amazing to see the dark green foliage, it's like every seed I planted came up, trouble is our neighbor cow go out and came over to feed on the wheat and not having any fences I didn't want that to happen again so I just mowed it all down, actually , I should have let it grow to see how well it would have produced wheat heads and given me seed for years to come, but it was surprising to see how thick the growth was. In those days we didn't have elk around or they would have been feeding on it too.
Cow eats garden, I eat cow. the circle of life.

Latest posts

Back