Kratom: anybody use it?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
It's currently legal in Ga. used responsibly and by the instructions, I find it to be a useful pain reliever for those who have issues with normal pain killer.
and yes, I hear you can get high on it, you have to eat a stupid, insane amount and will probably puke! give it a look. the warnings are for those who abuse it!

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1513/kratom

It is legal in Oregon. My wife was given some a few years back. I think she tried it for pain. I don't recall the details really but she didn't get buy any more. I did hear a drug counselor talking about how awful it was for people who were addicted. It had something to do with the half-life being so short. The amount of time from high to need to get high was not very long. Naturally one would have to get really push beyond occasional medicinal use for that to happen. I just thought it was worth mentioning.

I never heard of it. Fortunately, my pain tolerance is quite high, so I don't need anything but the occasional OTC.

It is legal in Colorado and everything I've read and heard about it says that I would try it the same way I would think about trying heroine, meth, cocaine, crack or other drugs that I have always known to stay away from. So no, I will never even think of using it. If you do, please let us know how that works out. Best to you, Magus!

I have a co-worker who occasionally uses it. My employer's drug test can't find it so it isn't uncommon for railroaders to use it. Coworker tells me it's not really a big high - you just feel relaxed and everything seems right with the world. It's not like getting hammered or taking meth or heroin. It also isn't addictive the same way that those drugs are, but of course there are still risks. I personally wouldn't take it, but I think as a painkiller it probably has a legit use. Part of the problem is that there's no guidelines for using it, and no controls on it...

I’ve never heard of it.
It could be more harmful than good.
This reporter had a bad experience.

“ Around 9:30AM, I popped six capsules of Samsara. This is a fusion meaning it’s a combination of multiple strains of kratom. I was told by Online Kratom that “it's a blend of all of the Borneo varieties (Red, Green, White) with 10% Sakti Borneo Extract.” This basically translates to: it’s four types of kratom strains.

An hour and a half later, I had a painful headache with a mild caffeine-like buzz. This was the weakest one even making me feel more tired. Once again, I felt like I was on something and had no change in performance or focus.

One week into my test, and I was not a kratom believer. Despite some days getting an added kick to my system, my quest for a new energy supplement was so far unsuccessful. I felt my productivity decreased. During the days when the “kratom rush” was too intense for me, I was focusing more on the side effects than my actual work. ”

I find that a recommended dose soothes my muscle and gout pains nicely, the one guy I know tried getting high on it and was sick for days, but he ate like ten capsules and he's a F***bombing idiot! :p

Energy booster? 1 capsule of food grade Sulfur and a table spoon of black strap molasses 3 times a day, morning noon and late afternoon, never before bedtime. it does much better than a 6 pack of colas!

I never heard of it. Fortunately, my pain tolerance is quite high, so I don't need anything but the occasional OTC.
Same here and I've been having good results from using tumeric with black pepper.
I take one capsule with breakfast and another with supper. I also sprinkle some on my eggs and in rice and pastas,etc

I'd be very cautious about trying anything like that but IMHO it doesn't seem like a good idea to ever test the boundaries of an unknown substance with me as the guinea pig. Fortunately, on the very rare occasion that I need pain relief acetaminophen works well for me so I can't judge someone else's pain needs.

MORPHINE! If they didn't want you to have more they wouldn't have named it "more feen"! :)
I use nothing stronger than aspirin for pain and beer as a muscle relaxer. There are days when I would like to be pain free, even if only for a couple of hours. As long as I can remember what it feels like to be that way I am OK.

I wish I could get a prescription for it, but I haven't been to a doctor in many, many years!

Who said what about a guinea pig? LOL

Latest posts

Back