Lefty Seattle bans cops from using CS gas against rioters

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked it up online. It's called Last of the Breed, and was published in 1986.

A very good read, and it is of interest to anyone who thinks about prepping.

Thanks Kevin. I am getting old and too many great books / stories have passed through my hands. Star Ship Troopers was another good read but the movie screwed it up big time.

Last edited:
Thanks Kevin. I am getting old and too many great books / stories have passed through my hands. Star Ship Troopers was another good read but the movie screwed it up big time.
I agree with you on both points.

I always go to the movies when a favorite book gets made into one, and usually find myself disappointed.

I find this to be particularly true of movies made from Stephen King's books.

I always go to the movies when a favorite book gets made into one, and usually find myself disappointed.

What Tom Cruise did to Jack Reacher was a crime! LOL I can't believe James Grant (Lee Child) let him play Reacher. Even the name "Reacher" is a reference to his height. My daughter is taller than Tom Cruise, LOL.

He finally came to his senses...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2...-jack-reacher-franchise-short-says-lee-child/

"I really enjoyed working with Cruise. He's a really, really nice guy. We had a lot of fun," Child said. "But ultimately the readers are right. The size of Reacher is really, really important and it's a big component of who he is.

"The idea is that when Reacher walks into a room, you're all a little nervous just for that first minute," he continued. "And Cruise, for all his talent, didn't have that physicality. So what I've decided to do is – there won't be any more movies with Tom Cruise. Instead we're going to take it to Netflix or something like that. Long form streaming television, with a completely new actor.

"And I want all those readers who were upset about Tom Cruise to help me out – participate in choosing the right actor for the TV series. We're rebooting and starting over and we're going to try and find the perfect guy."​

Latest posts

Back