Loading up the man-purse. More tales from the wood lot.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
So I have this knack for making kits, I thought I'd share one you barely notice you have and will be digging into constantly. I hesitate to call it a
"survival kit" but it sure makes being off the path easier.
Step one, one of these. it was two bucks at a gun show.
inside you put this stuff. your tastes may differ or your needs, but I built the kit for me and my needs. :)
it weighs lass than my 45 and two clips and matches the holster and clip pouches to boot!
fal pouch.jpg
leatherman_832535_wave_cc_multi_tool_and_1469030.jpg50m-High-Strength-White-Dia-6mm-8mm-Braided-Nylon-Anchor-Rope-line-for-kayak-canoes-boats.jpgoutdoor-medical-kit-bag-458x458.jpgschrade folder.jpgvertigo-rocket-triple-torch-lighter-charcoal-3.jpg

Attachments

• 6092-mini-redline-oc-optimized-clarity-tactical-flashlight.jpg
    6092-mini-redline-oc-optimized-clarity-tactical-flashlight.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 6
  • mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Paracord-Commercial-Type-III.jpg
    Paracord-Commercial-Type-III.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
So I have this knack for making kits, I thought I'd share one you barely notice you have and will be digging into constantly. I hesitate to call it a
"survival kit" but it sure makes being off the path easier.
Step one, one of these. it was two bucks at a gun show.
inside you put this stuff. your tastes may differ or your needs, but I built the kit for me and my needs. :)
View attachment 74297
View attachment 74300View attachment 74303View attachment 74305View attachment 74298View attachment 74299
Cool but...

With one exemption I haven't worn a belt in decades. That one time I had to borrow one from my father.
;)

Ben

Just for fun and because I'm missing my bros tonight:
Maybe drinking too much too. this isn't to imply anything, just some history.

Attachments

• deep south kit AKA the fag bag.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Just for fun and because I'm missing my bros tonight:
Maybe drinking too much too. this isn't to imply anything, just some history.
I have mine in an old fart fanny pack. I'm missing the Meth, haven't carried a condom in 30+ years and and can't spell Krugerrands, let alone carry any. I B DOOMED :). Oh yeah, can I carry a Hi-Point instead dancing chicken?

I'm still tweaking out my new SA.
closest thing to a sledgehammer other than one. why shoot something three times when once will do? am I right?

Magus, I share your passion got making kits. The contents in my man purse are very similar. I have a fire kit in a prescription med bottle, and a ranger lighter as a back up. I have spare batteries for my flashlight, and a S&W 642 with a speed loader. I probably have at least half a dozen grab-and-go bags like this all similarly supplied. Overkill? Probably, but it makes me feel better.

an M-14 pouch can hold a lot of goodies, being nylon it can be waterproofed with silicon spray or just plain dipped in ten seal. you can get nine go bars in one with room for a pocket knife and space blanket.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/mono-vault-30-1-2?a=800840
I call this the "run out of town kit, better ones can be made a bit cheaper from 10" PVC tubing and drain plugs. this is to bury near your home if you have to hoof it and can't get the bug out bag. in it goes:

1 rifle. a home brewed AR is fine, I used to use SKS rifles until I realized I could triple my money on them. other choices are 10/22 Rugers etc and 250 rounds of ammunition and 6 magazines.

1 pistol, 6 magazines, 100 rounds of ammo.

A medical kit.+any special meds or glasses you might need.

Two complete changes of clothing, one urban, one for the street+ three changes of socks and underwear+1 cloth knapsack.

A water filter, canteen and as much dehydrated food as will fit+ a mountain climbing mess kit.

A good folding knife and a sheath knife.

Attachments

• cache tube.jpg
    cache tube.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 5
In the man purse? wouldn't fit.
In the run off cache? good idea!
Might need a radio too.

Latest posts

Back