Local Weather Reports

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Well being a country boy , and my folks and grandfolks all were farmers..
Weather was usually the topic of the day.

So , it is always interesting to see what it is across the Country.

Here in West KY today , It' indian summer , they call it.

Right now its 52 degrees headed for a high of 70.

Sunshine galore,
Just a beutiful late summer day in Dec.

They say thats changing later this week .

Jim

It is currently sleeting out with anticipation of snow. It's been unusually warm so I am excited about the snow arriving (for the 2nd time).

It is mostly sunny here with temps in the mid to high 40sF today. Tonight the low is supposed to drop into the high 20sF and remain there for a week or better. No precip in the forecast, yet.

Nearly 80 degrees here. Took the dog to the park so she can stretch her legs, I mowed and edged the yard, put some yards tools away, replaced a garden hose with a new one, got me another 5 gallon propane tank for the BBQ, added chlorine to the pool, cleaned the pool filter, hosed down the side yard, and used a little bit of Round Up (yeah, nasty stuff, I know) to kill some weeds in my back yard, cuz my back hurts too much to bend over. Oh yeah, I helped mama build two snowmen in the front gate and used sticks she found on yesterday's hike as the little snowman hands. I'm bushed!

It’s very windy here today (Northern Cali). The kind of wind that chills you to the bone. Really don’t like the wind. 10 day forecast shows no rain. Grass is green which makes us and the livestock very happy. Need more rain!

It’s very windy here today (Northern Cali). The kind of wind that chills you to the bone. Really don’t like the wind. 10 day forecast shows no rain. Grass is green which makes us and the livestock very happy. Need more rain!

I am not familiar with Norther Cali. Are you perhaps referring to the Free State of Jefferson! ;)

Woke up to snow, not much but enough to give us a little white on the ground. More expected in the upcoming days.

Warm here in Atl but eagerly awaiting a chilly weekend. Dont get much of my favorite chilly weather here so I try and make the most of it when it happens. Nothing like a long run when its in the low 30's.

Warm here in Atl but eagerly awaiting a chilly weekend. Dont get much of my favorite chilly weather here so I try and make the most of it when it happens. Nothing like a long run when its in the low 30's.
When i was in military school in gainesville it snowed twice. The two funniest days i can remember there. I sat in my room looking out the window with a bag of popcorn watching the car slide all over the place. One managed to blow up on the lawn and take out a sign. Stuff like that is fun to watch for northerners.

When i was in military school in gainesville it snowed twice. The two funniest days i can remember there. I sat in my room looking out the window with a bag of popcorn watching the car slide all over the place. One managed to blow up on the lawn and take out a sign. Stuff like that is fun to watch for northerners.

They actually put out a table of bread and milk in the front of grocery stores here when it threatens to snow an inch or two :LOL:

They actually put out a table of bread and milk in the front of grocery stores here when it threatens to snow an inch or two :LOL:

I have this theory that the Milk Mafia and the Bread Syndicate have the weather reporters in their pocket. So they always over hype the weather to increase milk and bread sales. We are through the looking glass here people! Watch your backs.

65 on my way to work this morning, 52 on the way home. Rained most all day. We had over an inch when I got home since 6 am. Supposed to drop to low 30's tonight and not get much above 40 the next 3-4 days. we may even get a dusting of snow Saturday. Think I'll head to the mountians for a hike and make sure I see some. We never get enough around here to suit me.

BTW if anyone is interested I am a member of CoCoRahs. They provide data to the weather service, local and state gov's, etc. We gather rainfall, snowfall, and hail totals daily and report to the website. The last daily average I saw reported was over 13,000 daily reports from around the country. I believe Canada is included in the site. If anyone is interested in getting involved, go to cocorahs.org. Just search around and you'll find all the info you can use.

Looks like winter is going to start creeping in around here.

Dec 6th 7 day.jpg

Well Joe,
It crept in here in West Ky yesterday,

Monday was 71 deg,
yesterday , it struggled to get 40 deg,

We are looking for flurries tomorrow, and a low of 17 deg.

Old man Winter arrived quickly,

Buy , hey, it is December.

Jim

A nice covering of frost this morning at 23F. The garden has been put to bed and the canning is all done. I have a full pork loin in the slow cooker and plans for pulled pork tonight for dinner. I'll make some fresh bread and cook some carrots to go with it. I won't get to have anything but some pork, brussels sprouts, and salad. Yesterday I made some banana bread. My wife, brother and the neighbors say it is great... I WOULDN'T KNOW!
Since I have lost over 20 pounds I am going to fix myself a treat to celebrate winters first cold snap: Hot cocoa in my quart cup. Maybe I will make enough to share with my wife and brother - if they top telling me how great that banana bread is. ;)

It's just starting to get Cold here. Going down around 21 Degrees Tonight, think I'll fire the Stove Tonight.

Our first taste of winter here in Va. Highs in the 40s and lows in the upper teens.
I need to check the weather for Texas next week. ;)

Finally going to get a bit of cooler weather! Thank goodness,,,

upload_2017-12-6_21-17-33.png

Latest posts

Back