Long(er) term coffee solution

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee does not really concern me that much, unless you fill it up with Sugar and it is more sugar water than coffee.

What does concern me is when people get addicted to soft drinks (POP, SODA or whatever it is called in your area). In many cases they contain more caffeine than coffee and with all the sugar, it is dangerous. Even worse, is the soft drinks that are called "diet" with all their chemicals. I cannot handle anything with those artificial sweeteners. Leaves a horrible aftertaste and I will still be gaging 1/2 hour after drinking one. Once asked a co-worker how he handled that after taste and he advised "you get used to it". Don't think I want to be drinking anything that you have to "get used to".

My wife and I both used to drink a lot of Diet Dr. Pepper. We noticed having problems with mental clarity. Sort of a "mental fog" which, because both of us experienced it at the same time, we suspected was caused by something we were eating or drinking. We quit eating or drinking anything with Aspartame in it and the mental fog lifted. That was 30 years ago and we haven't had any Aspartame since and have never experienced anything like that again.

in the past I drank a lot of Cola, maybe that's why I had dental problems at that time, put a tooth in a glass of cola and the cola will dissolve the tooth.
I now only drink Apple Juice.

Latest posts

Back