Looting in Buffalo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Article from Newsmax. NO mention of all the stores in Buffalo that were completely LOOTED during the storm! Disgusting. There is less food because it was stolen in bulk with police watching in a couple of cases!

“Buffalo Residents Struggle to Find Food, Essentials After Blizzard​

…Scott McCandless, a 54-year-old resident in the Buffalo suburb of Orchard Park, told NBC News that his Christmas dinner consisted of a bowl of generic cinnamon toast crunch.

"There are no stores open. It's whatever you can grab," McCandless told NBC News.

McCandless added that after his driveway was finally plowed at 9 a.m. Monday, he set out looking for open grocery stores as his food supply had dwindled…

We are kind of running out of food. It's really frustrating. The guests as well are losing their patience. We can't go anywhere. We're buried in the snow."

Some Buffalo residents have taken to social media to seek assistance.

One person on a Facebook account dedicated to storm recovery asked for spare diapers for twin infants, another for cold medicine for a sick toddler, and multiple people requested baby formula.

"Running really low on food, been stuck in our house," one Buffalo resident wrote. "Slightly starting to panic when I looked outside and seen it snowing more."

So, these people are not capable of feeding themselves or treating colds and flu for even a matter of days???!

Lord help us when worse things happen.

Multiply this by 100,000 when the big event happens, EMP, nukes, etc.. so many unprepared.

Article from Newsmax. NO mention of all the stores in Buffalo that were completely LOOTED during the storm! Disgusting. There is less food because it was stolen in bulk with police watching in a couple of cases!

…Scott McCandless, a 54-year-old resident in the Buffalo suburb of Orchard Park, told NBC News that his Christmas dinner consisted of a bowl of generic cinnamon toast crunch.

"There are no stores open. It's whatever you can grab," McCandless told NBC News.

McCandless added that after his driveway was finally plowed at 9 a.m. Monday, he set out looking for open grocery stores as his food supply had dwindled…

We are kind of running out of food. It's really frustrating. The guests as well are losing their patience. We can't go anywhere. We're buried in the snow."

One person on a Facebook account dedicated to storm recovery asked for spare diapers for twin infants, another for cold medicine for a sick toddler, and multiple people requested baby formula.

"Running really low on food, been stuck in our house," one Buffalo resident wrote. "Slightly starting to panic when I looked outside and seen it snowing more."

So, these people are not capable of feeding themselves or treating colds and flu for even a matter of days???!

They have been trained to stand there with their hand out expecting someone to fill it with no self preservation.

No, but, they can afford a smartphone and/or computer and know how to beggar on Facebook.

Why didn't they stock up BEFORE the blizzard?!? This isn't the first storm they've ever had there. No sympathy.

Last edited:
They didn't go hunting with me, we were just hunting the same place. I didn't know them until I got there.
I get these idiot hunters coming up in their huge travel trailers and loads of ATV's and park by my lower gate and camp. Fortunately they have enough sense to leave when it starts snowing.

amazingly stupid, not to prep for an eventuality like winter, it comes every single year, sometimes harder, sometimes not,

even here ( me+ wife) have already preps ready if we loose power this winter, ooh, how I 'm glad to have her, though she says she would not like the possibility of some thing really bad, her feelings about it tells her that she can ' t take it, but I know how resilient she is.
we streamlined my preps, so it is better with two :)

We are all doomsday preppers here. We know what we would be ready for.

I know when I lived in WNY and not a dedicated prepper, I had a couple weeks of food in the house. I carried an old sleeping bag and a shovel in the trunk. Most in WNY do. I did know how to survive a small emergency

I read a news story about one of those found dead in her car. A nursing student just got off shift at the hospital. She was legal to be in the roads. Sending videos to relatives as she was stuck.
Born in NY, but raised in NC and in school in Buffalo. Sorry, she was a fish out of water.

We know what we think we would do based off experience. I actually feel sorry for the fish out of water. I hope I am never in a fish out of water experience.

Latest posts

Back