Lost a goat.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
We lost one of our 4yr old Boer does a little while ago. She was acting "off" this morning but was first to come running for dinner tonight. I checked everyone before we had dinner around 7 then when hubby left for work at 9 I could hear someone hollering. She was down, bloated and unresponsive. Her kids were screaming at her. Went inside to get the oldest kid to come help me get her in the trailer but when we got back out she was gone. This goat has always concerned me since she would get absolutely HUGE after she ate no matter how little you gave her. She always looked like she was fixing to deliver triplets. Fortunately her kids are old enough to be weaned.

:( that's weird circumstances. Do you think you have a clue why she was like that with the bloating?

I don't know. The vet was stumped at why she would do it after every meal. She wasn't on grain, had loose vitamins/minerals, baking soda and her cdt and selineum/vit E every year. His best guess was she couldn't process the alfalfa very well but she did it on grass and oat hay too.

Latest posts

Back