Loyal Citizens Do Not Hoard

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkt

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
It's another power grab over our rights. It's exactly the reason WHY many prep. If the gov said "we are rationing bread to one loaf per household per week"......how many loaves of bread would be on the shelf? It's almost as if they want to start a panic. Again.....it's the reason many prep, so we don't have to stand in bread lines.

I have seen what people call hoarding, and it's not this.
Hoarding is keeping things that you don't use for any purpose. Like pizza boxes or toilet paper rolls, newspapers.
Just because they want to keep them.
Yes, you're right. But that doesn't stop evil (or stupid) people from misusing the word to turn a decent self-reliant person into a societal pariah.

By government standards, I'm not a good citizen. I'll buy what I want, when I want and in the quantities I want.
Yes, I am not a "loyal" citizen either.
People need to look up the definition of the word loyal. :mad:
Loyal
adjective
  1. faithful to one's sovereign, government, or state: a loyal subject.

There is a difference between hoarding and prepping, but the powers that be will not see it that way.
They do that on purpose. It's how they get the race wars (and other divisions) started. Those who talk about race the most are indeed the most racist. Take Biden for example.....remember when he said Barry was articulate and clean? So strange for a black guy huh? Remember the "you ain't black" comment if you didn't vote for him? "Gonna put ya'll back in chains". So many other racists comments as well, but I digress.

They like to lump everything together in a nice big package and call it BAD! That's what the hypocrites do....it's how they create division. Guns....BAD! Wealth.....BAD! Beef.....BAD! Petro.....BAD! and on and on and on...... People are finally starting to realize that the things they call bad are just a way to make laws restricting or probibiting those things so that they can funnel money on it and create a power grab. Climate change is a prime example of that. More precisely, Solendra.

I have way more stuff than I need, but I'm not a hoarder. I have room for the stuff I have and (for the most part) I know where it is. Although, I do need to get more organized and I also need to go through more closets and thin some stuff out, especially clothes. A lot of my stuff is new or well taken care of. I try to have backups of everything we use daily. Our coffee pot died a few weeks ago and hubby asked if we had a new one in storage. I laughed......yeah, we have 3 that I paid less than $15 for. I am not going without coffee!!! And when things are on sale, I stock up.

I'll keep things that some people would just toss, like large cardboard boxes or huge sheets of plastic. I use the plastic as drop clothes for winter projects and the cardboard I use to put under old cars or equipment so oil or fluids don't soak into the floor. I use old blankets (with holes or stains) on the golf cart for the dogs to sit on. I use old bleech jugs to fill with sand and hold down tarps on firewood. I repurpose a lot of things. But, I don't keep garbage or anything that draws critters. I hate mouse poop and pee!

I would not classify anyone here as a hoarder. The government will try to starve the population, much like Stalin did. When the people start to riot the government will try to direct the blame on anyone else, like Hitler did with the Jews. The government will say that the reason that they are hungry is because you and I have so much. They know it is not true. They will say that the government is going to take the food from us and distribute it equitably. In reality their goon squads will keep it for themselves.

Those of us that resist will be killed. The goons will kill us to feed their family and because the meanest will be chosen for that duty. They have already lowered the standards for police hire to include felons.

I believe Empire News is a satire website. Like The Onion.
Yeah, and it was posted in 2015 :rolleyes:.
It did however win the "10 @Magus hat" award when I pulled it up on my tablet:LOL::
Screenshot_20230925-233325_kindlephoto-6661417755.png

On topic: Yes, hoarding is real. I still remember people with shopping carts piled high with TP during "The Great TP Panic" :(.

On topic: Yes, hoarding is real. I still remember people with shopping carts piled high with TP during "The Great TP Panic" :(.
You had to remind me of that. The chain pharmacy I work at opened the front store to match the pharmacy hours. There would be people lined up to get in. I had to text the manager when I got there so they could unlock the door for me to enter and then quickly lock it again while people screamed at us for toilet paper and clorox wipes.

Loyal Citizens Don't Hoard. What bureaucrat moron came up with that, and what idiot/sheep would believe it? "Give it to me so I can hoard it, and I will give to whoever I see fit." That lights me up like a Christmas tree. gaah

Aesop's Fables have been around for 2500 years. Was the ant a hoarder, and the grasshopper a loyal citizen? All of a sudden after 2500 years this story is sending the wrong message? I don't think so.

Sorry. I should have put this in the rant for the day. I'm off the soapbox, and back now.

Loyal Citizens Don't Hoard. What bureaucrat moron came up with that, and what idiot/sheep would believe it? "Give it to me so I can hoard it, and I will give to whoever I see fit." That lights me up like a Christmas tree. gaah

Aesop's Fables have been around for 2500 years. Was the ant a hoarder, and the grasshopper a loyal citizen? All of a sudden after 2500 years this story is sending the wrong message? I don't think so.

Sorry. I should have put this in the rant for the day. I'm off the soapbox, and back now.
I view the bureaucrat, in your post, not as a moron but as a power hungry ****** *******. They know that hungry people are easier to control or kill.

I view the bureaucrat, in your post, not as a moron but as a power hungry ****** *******. They know that hungry people are easier to control or kill.

Totally agree. Whatever they can do to increase and retain power. All done with malice aforethought.

Yeah, and it was posted in 2015 :rolleyes:.
It did however win the "10 @Magus hat" award when I pulled it up on my tablet:LOL::
View attachment 116704
I bought the last case in Dalton from an industrial supply outlet. it's still sitting in my living room. LOL

Latest posts

Back