Making a sewing backet

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scissors and a set of snips, thread of various weights, needles of various sizes, patching material, buttons etc.

I see no one has put thread in the basket. I've got four spools--black, white, med grey, and beige. I also have a rainbow braid of short lengths of many colors.

And a needle threader--my eyes are getting old.
I have all kinds of colors of thread. I do repairs and mending for family members. I never know what needs to be mended next.

add in a seam ripper. . . :D I do hand sew on occasion, but I am not proficiant at all. It's more like mending for me. All "making" is done on my Singer.
When I was in middle school, I took a class on sewing quilts by hand. Loved it and even though I have a sewing machine I tend to hand sew. The teacher made us sew straight lines until we got it right. Loved that class.

I have some buttons but really need to collect more.
When you have totally worn out button ups shirts that have seen their better days, rip those buttons off! You will get a nice collection over time. And another rag to add into the collection. If the fabric is still good in places, those can be used in quilts or whatever. I'm saving Hunny's old cotton shirts to make a "Pops Quilt" one day. This has been a very recent idea.

In addition to what everyone else has said pincushion, snaps, elastic, bias binding, picking shears, scissors, snap tool.
Pin cushions— no no noo! You see, what you do is if you’re sitting, put the pins in the wrinkle at the knee of your jeans. If you’re standing, on the shoulder of your shirt. Then you promptly forget about them so that when you go to get undressed, you can learn new dance moves 😂

PS I have a pin cushion collection 😊

Pin cushions— no no noo! You see, what you do is if you’re sitting, put the pins in the wrinkle at the knee of your jeans. If you’re standing, on the shoulder of your shirt. Then you promptly forget about them so that when you go to get undressed, you can learn new dance moves 😂

PS I have a pin cushion collection 😊
When I am sewing, I normally have my ironing board behind me to iron seams and use it as my pin cushion.

Latest posts

Back