Marijuana legalized in Michigan

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyt

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
A while back Marijuana was legalized in michigan. I'm not for or against, doesn't matter to me.

I am a service man and have noticed more people using it now in their homes. Again it doesn't matter to me. What I have noticed is the smell. I can smell.it before they open the front door. The whole house reeks. I'm assuming that most folks must smoke it. I have noticed the same with tobacco but not ever this intense.

I see a lot of it being used on construction sites. Well over 80 percent of the crews.

I am all for complete freedom of drug use- free adults can do what they please as long as all rights are be held in check by the equal rights of others.

Though I absolutely hate drugs- I cannot stand the smell of Marijuana, I find that most users lack discipline and character. If you want something from me and you are stinking up my nostrils expect the answer to be No and to be written off as a loser who needs a shower... social consequences are fine- legal consequences from the gov't are not OK.

I am all for complete freedom of drug use- free adults can do what they please as long as all rights are be held in check by the equal rights of others.

Though I absolutely hate drugs- I cannot stand the smell of Marijuana, I find that most users lack discipline and character. If you want something from me and you are stinking up my nostrils expect the answer to be No and to be written off as a loser who needs a shower... social consequences are fine- legal consequences from the gov't are not OK.
Do you also hate the one that big Pharma makes with the blessing of the Govermnent?

Just what we need, construction sites full of stoned workers. Quality construction, safety all around. That’s like drinking on the job. Idiots.
They say the strength and purity of marygeewanna is much stronger today than the hey day of hippies.
Legalize it, whatever. But companies should have restrictions in place on pot use. I guess they’ll figure it out in a few years with shoddy construction and enough injuries.

Just what we need, construction sites full of stoned workers. Quality construction, safety all around. That’s like drinking on the job. Idiots.
They say the strength and purity of marygeewanna is much stronger today than the hey day of hippies.
Legalize it, whatever. But companies should have restrictions in place on pot use. I guess they’ll figure it out in a few years with shoddy construction and enough injuries.
the shoddy construction is already there, and most construction site injuries are due to hurry up and get it done mentality.
The whole of society is totally messed up all ready. I know of 2 guys who have used it for pain control for years, neither of them screw up or get hurt. someone over using is another story.

I can see where the government would think it’s a good thing to keep as many people as possible mellow and stoned.
Much easier to screw over the public.

Disclaimer - in the 1960’s, 70’s and into the 1980’s I was a stoner and alcoholic.
And spent all my time with the same type of people.
I’m for freedom and liberty, but trust me we don’t need MORE people like I used to associate with.

And yes, home construction sites are loaded with high workers.

A while back Marijuana was legalized in michigan. I'm not for or against, doesn't matter to me.

I am a service man and have noticed more people using it now in their homes. Again it doesn't matter to me. What I have noticed is the smell. I can smell.it before they open the front door. The whole house reeks. I'm assuming that most folks must smoke it. I have noticed the same with tobacco but not ever this intense.

I see a lot of it being used on construction sites. Well over 80 percent of the crews.
Some have been saying the smell of marijuana smoke is like a skunk. I don’t recall it smelling like that but it is an unmistakable odor not easily forgotten.

I've been medicating with it for many years. Back on new years eve 04-05 I quit. My daughter was starting to ask questions. By April 15th I was in the hospital trying to figure out what happened. Turned out I'd had MS since about 15 the pot had been keeping it at bay. The doc told me if I wanted to live to go back to smoking ASAP it was the best med for my disease! YMMV

You'd be surprised how many people you know who are very successful who also partake...

Pretty sure it's now legal in over half the states.
But not legal federally. As a gun toting citizen, I avoid any marijuana use.
Skunk is worse- still don't like pot smell, but having been sprayed point blank I can tell you skunk is far worse...
I’ve been sprayed directly, too. Well, not my body but a blanket I was holding up between me and the skunk. It was so bad I was gagging and almost threw up.

Last edited:
I think it smells good definitely not anything like a real skunk, our dogs have been sprayed by them
Still trying to figure out what to do on our trip this year.

You know what I hate most in the world? People trying to tell other people what to do
We had a couple of dogs that liked to kill skunks, our male Saintbernard learned how to do it without getting the oil on him, I think the other dog was getting better at it too,

I thought marijuana was legal in more states than it is. I thought it was something like 37 states, but I was wrong.

The best states for cannabis:

• California
  • Nevada
  • Colorado
  • Massachusetts
  • Illinois
  • Oregon

THE LEAST CANNABIS-FRIENDLY STATES​

The following states are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to cannabis-friendliness. They have no legal programs and have made no attempts to reduce penalties or fully decriminalize cannabis. Ideally, avoid these states if you’re affiliated with cannabis, as they are the most restrictive to cannabis culture.

The worst states for cannabis

• Idaho
  • Kansas
  • South Carolina
  • Wyoming

STATES WITH LEGAL RECREATIONAL CANNABIS:​

States in this category have legal medical and recreation programs as well as legal frameworks in place that allow for legal sales of cannabis to medical patients and adult residents.

States where recreational cannabis is legal:

• Alaska
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • Illinois
  • Maine
  • Massachusetts
  • Michigan
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • New Jersey
  • New Mexico
  • New York
  • Oregon
  • Rhode Island
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington

MEDICAL STATES​

With some states remaining on the fence in terms of the full legalization of cannabis, there is a majority rule when it comes to allowing the legal medicinal usage of cannabis.

Providing viable treatment for many medical conditions for patients that qualify. These treatments can include pain management for conditions such as cancer, glaucoma, hepatitis, ALS, and more.

If you are a medical patient in these states, check to see what the reciprocity laws are. Many states will honor medical cards and recommendations from other states with legal programs.

Medical States for Cannabis

• Alabama
  • Alaska
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • Florida
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Louisiana
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Massachusetts
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • New Mexico
  • New York
  • North Dakota
  • Ohio
  • Oklahoma
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • South Dakota
  • Utah
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • West Virginia

I knew a situation where someone was growing it in a big construction trailer parked on his property. I walked close to the trailer fairly frequently and every time I did I smelled skunk. I mentioned it and was told what I was smelling was not skunk, but a marijuana grow.

The one objection that I have heard for many years is the smell of it bothering people. I am not around it much, except maybe when I am out and about. The smell has never bothered me anything like how the smell of tobacco bothers me.

Early on in home ownership I had a friend smoke cigarettes in my house. Gross, just really gross. My in-laws smoked, heavily. After they died and daughter was going to help remove stuff from their home and bringing home what she wanted, she struggled with the smell of tobacco in the quilts, etc. Several washings later, and there was that smell. Finally a combination of baking soda and white vinegar together in the washing machine removed that smell.

Pain doc told me not to smoke MJ. He said that with my lungs it was a bad idea. He said he couldn't prescribe it at the risk of losing his license but that if I wanted to eat it this is how to do it.

I got busted crossing the Canadian border with two joints I'd forgotten about. The agent asked me why I hadn't smoked them. I said, "Because I was driving." that was not the response he was expecting. He let me through Canada because it was legal in Alaska. I put smoking and drinking in the same category, not on the job or while driving/running equipment.

Pain doc told me not to smoke MJ. He said that with my lungs it was a bad idea. He said he couldn't prescribe it at the risk of losing his license but that if I wanted to eat it this is how to do it.

I got busted crossing the Canadian border with two joints I'd forgotten about. The agent asked me why I hadn't smoked them. I said, "Because I was driving." that was not the response he was expecting. He let me through Canada because it was legal in Alaska. I put smoking and drinking in the same category, not on the job or while driving/running equipment.
Thank goodness you didn't have a NRA sticker on your bumper

I don't really care either other than to say "I'm sorry." It makes people stupid - it's called dope for a reason. In no time you'll notice more and more incompetence and general spacing out amongst the population. I know business owners and successful folks who use it so not targeting any one group of people just a wide-cast net :confused:

I know attorneys, engineers, health care professionals, and businessmen, who smoke. These are competent hard workers, and well respected in their field. I know lazy layabouts that drive cars. It doesn't have any correlation or causation.

It's never done anything for me. I won't smoke it but I won't smoke anything. The gummies, liniments have not had any notable effects.
I smoked it when I was a teen to be 'cool' and so my friends wouldn't think I was a narc, but never liked it.
I finally told them that handing me a joint was the same as throwing a perfectly good joint away, and they would quickly take it back.
Now being retired with chronic joint-pain (pun), I still haven't tried the CBD gummies :(.

My brother's gf for 25 years smoked pot every day but was also on anti depressants and I don't know what else. She eventually could barely breathe and her voice always sounded bad. She didn't smoke cigarettes. It is just like any drug or alcohol IF you are using it for recreational purposes don't do it at work or while you're driving and using power tools and heavy equipment. Just not wise.
I think it's a good idea to have it for medicinal use since it is helping so many people who do need it. Haven't touched it since the 80s myself, don't want to.

Latest posts

Back