Massive Sahara Dust Storm Hits America Thursday 6-26-20

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happens every year but this is the first I've heard of it publicly. Told DH to stay inside--he always does. Does this go along with the murder hornets?

They are saing this one is worse than the others.Maybe just more drama for the news,don't know. It goes with all the other cra going on.
Good news is this dust storm is suppose to have an impact of the hurricane season, with cool the oceans so waters don't get as warm and storms not as strong.

Good news is this dust storm is suppose to have an impact of the hurricane season, will cool the oceans so waters don't get as warm and storms not as strong.
We'll take it!!!
So I have to wash my truck :rolleyes:.
Much better than it floating away.:)

I could see it's effects yesterday driving into town. Looked like it was coming up the interstate behind me. A little hazy in front, but very hazy in back of me. Interested to see how it looks today when I go to pick up mangoes at grocery. Wondering if yesterday's (most of the day) rain helped or not.

Our weather gal showed the expected track of this first round. It's basically in the gulf and moving inward from Texas to Florida. moving north by northeast. We will get a little before it moves back out to see. There is a second round still out in the atlantic.

Second round? Well it is just another desasater to add to the rest.Guess its time to embrace the doom.
Par fro the course, crap happens,etc,etc,etc,.

Isn't this how some disease, maybe MERS, got spread?

I think it is.Weedy we just have to go through sll the dangers and figure out which one we want to fear the most.Choking on dust, virus , being beat to death by antifa and their allies. One thing we don't have to fear now is a cop standing on our throats,or stopping some fool with a baseball bat or skateboard from beating us to death.I would rather take my chance with the cop,percentage rates are 1000 times lower. Live for today.

I couldnt take a photo while driving, but as i was headed into the city today there was no doubt the air was dirty. Looked almost like fog and the lighting from the sun was not quite as bright. Almost like the lighting of a partly cloudy day. The closer I got to the city, the cloudier it became. Orange alert today for the air. Not good. Maybe the clouds were holding the sand in place closer to the earth?

I couldnt take a photo while driving, but as i was headed into the city today there was no doubt the air was dirty. Looked almost like fog and the lighting from the sun was not quite as bright. Almost like the lighting of a partly cloudy day. The closer I got to the city, the cloudier it became. Orange alert today for the air. Not good. Maybe the clouds were holding the sand in place closer to the earth?

Its been real hazy here in N.Florida since yesterday. Looks weird ,no clouds just a dull soft light.

20200626_172216.png

Isn't this how some disease, maybe MERS, got spread?

I think Valley fever comes from dust. One of our schnauzers got it when we were in Southern AZ. He got over it with fluconozole but the med gave him seizures which he eventually passed away from.

Still a lot of dust and haze here today!

Thursday, as in today? Or next Thursday? We have had some crazy winds blow through in the last couple evenings. I did see something about Saharan dust storms. This is where a face mask will help us all!
And I just saw the title of the thread, which tells the date! LOL! Meerkat, you and I are on a roll! Except, it says Thursday, June 26, and today it is Friday, June 26 today. In any event, this storm was supposed to hit.

Was a lot less hazy today. Almost normal!
The dust storm has left the building for us.
We had a day and a half of overcast <yawn>.
Friday and half of Saturday (today).
To put this into perspective:
Monday, overcast all day.
Tuesday, overcast with rain.
Wednesday, overcast with rain.
Thursday, overcast with a glimpse of sun.
Friday, overcast all day (and the prediction of a deadly dust storm :rolleyes:).
Saturday, overcast morning and then clear skies.
I am growing a little weary of all of the 'certain death' bs.
brickwall100.gif

The dust storm has left the building for us.
We had a day and a half of overcast <yawn>.
Friday and half of Saturday (today).
To put this into perspective:
Monday, overcast all day.
Tuesday, overcast with rain.
Wednesday, overcast with rain.
Thursday, overcast with a glimpse of sun.
Friday, overcast all day (and the prediction of a deadly dust storm :rolleyes:).
Saturday, overcast morning and then clear skies.
I am growing a little weary of all of the 'certain death' bs.View attachment 45565
I'll see you on ailes 3 when I'm ' dusting ' off the can goods in slow motion,and taking my sweet time doing it.:D

Latest posts

Back