Microwave vs. Kid's BD Present

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems the definition of "gift" is a bit narrow. Some of the best books I own I got at used book stores. I got a hardback copy of "The Federalist and Other Constitutional Papers" by Hamilton, Jay and Madison for $1. I still use it for reference, 30yrs later...

With a little imagination and even less cash your friend can come up with something that'll impact their kid for the rest of their life.

Who has time to heat water on a stove and wait 8-9 minutes for spaghetti to cook. :p

1642646461293.png

1642647050084.png

Last edited:
One of my FB friends is unable to buy her daughter a birthday gift, because their microwave died and she had to spend the money getting a new one.
Seriously? Unless it's the only cooking appliance they have, I can't make sense out of that.
Your friend's priorities are screwed up.

One of my FB friends is unable to buy her daughter a birthday gift, because their microwave died and she had to spend the money getting a new one.
Seriously? Unless it's the only cooking appliance they have, I can't make sense out of that.
That is odd. I found a used one for around $10 at a yard sale for my daughter. I often see them for sale, used, for very reasonable prices. I do know that getting specific sizes and specifications can cost you. I have one over my stove that does not have a turntable and is at least 25 years old. I would like to replace it, but it doesn't cost me anything now, except to run it. A new replacement microwave for over the stove is more than $300 at Home Depot.

Sadly it's probably the ONLY way she knows how to cook. I was amazed when I learned how many people don't own any pots or pans. Most have some dishes for their takeout and delivery.
I had an assistant whose daughter, now around 40 years old, said when she was a teenager, that there was never a need to learn to cook. She could cook everything she needed to in a microwave. I haven't seen assistant nor daughter in 20 years, but I do know daughter has 3 children. I'd bet you that she has learned to actually cook.

Latest posts

Back