Microwave vs. Kid's BD Present

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems the definition of "gift" is a bit narrow. Some of the best books I own I got at used book stores. I got a hardback copy of "The Federalist and Other Constitutional Papers" by Hamilton, Jay and Madison for $1. I still use it for reference, 30yrs later...

With a little imagination and even less cash your friend can come up with something that'll impact their kid for the rest of their life.

Sadly it's probably the ONLY way she knows how to cook. I was amazed when I learned how many people don't own any pots or pans. Most have some dishes for their takeout and delivery.

Who has time to heat water on a stove and wait 8-9 minutes for spaghetti to cook. :p

1642646461293.png

1642647050084.png

Last edited:
One of my FB friends is unable to buy her daughter a birthday gift, because their microwave died and she had to spend the money getting a new one.
Seriously? Unless it's the only cooking appliance they have, I can't make sense out of that.
Your friend's priorities are screwed up.

One of my FB friends is unable to buy her daughter a birthday gift, because their microwave died and she had to spend the money getting a new one.
Seriously? Unless it's the only cooking appliance they have, I can't make sense out of that.
That is odd. I found a used one for around $10 at a yard sale for my daughter. I often see them for sale, used, for very reasonable prices. I do know that getting specific sizes and specifications can cost you. I have one over my stove that does not have a turntable and is at least 25 years old. I would like to replace it, but it doesn't cost me anything now, except to run it. A new replacement microwave for over the stove is more than $300 at Home Depot.

Sadly it's probably the ONLY way she knows how to cook. I was amazed when I learned how many people don't own any pots or pans. Most have some dishes for their takeout and delivery.
I had an assistant whose daughter, now around 40 years old, said when she was a teenager, that there was never a need to learn to cook. She could cook everything she needed to in a microwave. I haven't seen assistant nor daughter in 20 years, but I do know daughter has 3 children. I'd bet you that she has learned to actually cook.

Latest posts

Back