Military Pictures & Info

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a dumb question. The attached photo is the ribbons/medal I was awarded in the Army
Army Ribbons.jpg
. The green and white ribbon reflects the Army Commendation Medal. For the life of me, I can't remember what the red and white ribbon represents. I can't find it on the internet. I would have received it in 1978. Anyone know what it represents??

Did you by chance see service in Japan?
This is the only ribbon I could find.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Rising_Sun

Do you have the corresponding medal?
Do you have your DD-214? Haven't looked at mine in years but IIRC, awards and medals are on it.
The order of the rising sun is the 3rd highest award from the Japanese government so if that was it he would probably remember.
I have no idea and my google fu failed.

I have a dumb question. The attached photo is the ribbons/medal I was awarded in the ArmyView attachment 128593. The green and white ribbon reflects the Army Commendation Medal. For the life of me, I can't remember what the red and white ribbon represents. I can't find it on the internet. I would have received it in 1978. Anyone know what it represents??
Did you ever figure out what your red and white ribbon was?
It should be on your DD form 214,
And if you have more than one DD form 214 it should be on them all.

Box 24 on the DD-214. "Medals, Decorations, Badges".
I have looked at literally thousands of 214's over the years in determining eligibility of prospective members of VFW and Vietnam Veterans of America, (and American Legion before they loosened standards)

About how young people looked: I go on base every now & then. I look around & I swear that I was never that young looking when I joined. I mean, my God they look 14 or 15 years old now days. Did I look that young to the old timers when I was in?
Yes, you looked that young because you probably were.
One day in a restaurant several Washington State trooper came in.
My wife asked me if they were some kind of scouts.
No, they are actually WSP officers.
She said no way look at how you they are.
I said they are also carrying guns and handcuffs.
I don't think she believed they were real cops.
They did look like 12 year old's.

Back