Missing?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found one of their posts and then I clicked on it their profile was gone... Sad, Hope they weren't offended by someone. When I start looking back there a a lot of folks who have gone silent... It could be now that COVID restrictions are being lifted people are not longer sitting at their computer... not sure... The MrKat and MeeKat thing is like they deleted their profile... sad.

Mrs. Meerkat has been here a while. Mr. Meerkat was a more recent addition. I hope they are O.K. She was a very active member.

This must have just happened. I was interacting with Meerkat just a day or two ago.

oh well...

The Mod and Admin staff were notified that Ms. Meerkat was having some "not so nice" conversations via private conversations with several great members so we had to cut our relationship with her. We wish them the best.

So, I am fairly sure that unwanted private conversations can be blocked / avoided with this software. I suppose it was someone offended by something as it always is but so it goes these days. I am not in the "know" but she did bring a lot of us over. I've seen this before and when some are having difficulties they lash out toward the very people they are surrounded by to vent and feel a bit better. I have no idea what was / is the issue but this seems a bit extreme in my eyes. I know that my opinion means nothing but I will go on record speaking it.

To edit; I received communication from a member and it’s clear I had no idea as to the severity of the situation. Thank you ”unnamed” member. It helps when the community looks out for each other. :(

Last edited:
So, I am fairly sure that unwanted private conversations can be blocked / avoided with this software. I suppose it was someone offended by something as it always is but so it goes these days. I am not in the "know" but she did bring a lot of us over. I've seen this before and when some are having difficulties they lash out toward the very people they are surrounded by to vent and feel a bit better. I have no idea what was / is the issue but this seems a bit extreme in my eyes. I know that my opinion means nothing but I will go on record speaking it.

To edit; I received communication from a member and it’s clear I had no idea as to the severity of the situation. Thank you ”unnamed” member. It helps when the community looks out for each other. :(
You can rest assured that NO action is ever taken against any member by knee-jerk reactions.
It takes ,sometimes , months of deliberating before any action is taken , and never ever without JUST cause.

Jim

I considered her to be my friend, from back to PS days. I believe she was a friend to some of you, but she was also someone who attacked some of you.

I did observe that she would pick someone and start poking and pecking at them. I saw it with one person in particular, someone who had been a moderator at PS, a female. I became aware that she would get someone in her sites, and become fixated on them, pecking and poking. This was especially true for people if they were well liked by other members or more frequent posters. Perhaps they were threats to her. I know that there were PM's from her to people who never posted about them, just let the admins and moderators deal with it. More than once, I sent her a PM to counsel her not to say the things she said about and to people for everyone to read. I also saw her make unkind public comments and then be gone for a week for discipline purposes. I later figured it out.

Then last fall she began pecking and poking at things I posted, snide and negative comments, taking things off topic and not giving up on that. I stopped interacting with her, because I knew her behavior pattern. Then she decided to post a thread, basically, "Let's Hate Weedy," because she was not getting the attention she wanted from me. Admins took it down, but she was really ticked off at me. I got nasty PM's and reported them. That stopped her dead in her tracks from being able to do that.

One of her comments to me, "You've stopped paying attention to me." Guess what, ladies and gentlemen. I did not join this group to pay attention to one person in particular, especially someone who begins to be unkind towards me and has been to others, nor did I join this group or any group to seek attention. I am here to learn and to interact with people of similar or like values as mine. I only play with people who play well with others. I am not a debater, arguer or fighter. Never have been, never will be.

A number of people, mostly women, have reached out to me in PM's. What the admins may not realize is that other people were aware of her. She did damage to the group. People would not post on threads where she was posting one comment after the other. I believe that there are people who are not active here because of her behavior and her over commenting, over responding and over posting, having to comment on everything. There were people at PS that she attacked who have disappeared, and could have joined us here after PS imploded, but have not.

While Sentry was here, he was the top poster in the group. That gave him clout and value, but he also has great leadership skills. When his profile was taken down, guess who became the top poster? It seemed as though that was the most important thing, that the person with the most posts, is the winner, in her eyes, and somehow, she knew it has value here. Mr. would also post a dozen songs within 10 minutes. Who was listening to those songs? No one. It was all to build up posting numbers. Sad, imho. How about some real content of value? That was often subtly attacked. In that way, she won. She got me to stop posting so much on topics that are about homesteading and country living, the name of this group. My presence became more of a defense, to protect myself from her ongoing pecking and poking.

Another thing about the number of posts is that that is important to the value of this forum. Now the top 2 posters are gone. It will have an impact on the value of the forum. For that reason, I encourage all of you to post more.

After the thread attacking me, I tried various things to stay away from her. I stopped posting all together for a while. I was encouraged to come back by admins and moderators, but she kept pecking and poking, with more subtle comments that were meant to show her disapproval of me. I reported a few, not all, but many are still out there. She was much more subtle in her pecking at me, but she was pecking and never quit. I avoided interacting with her. But she had me in her sites and was pecking and poking at much of what I posted. I don't need her approval, but I also don't need to be pecked at. I also saw no value in trying to interact with her again, ever. I became a target for her.

IMHO, the issue is narcissism. That is just my opinion, no ability on my part to make a diagnosis. It fits her behavior, her need to be front and center all the time, her rage, her attacks. Read through the thread about narcissism and see the information and also her negative comments and responses. One said, "I can spot one a mile away." No need for that, just look in the mirror, imho.

She has a few friends that she emails with, people who are still active in the group. I am aware that what I am saying will probably be copied and sent to her, because I was aware of that several months ago. One is a man, one a woman and there may be more of you.

I hope this helps others to understand that this did not just happen suddenly as havasu and phideaux have already said. @phideaux , I know you think I have some blame in this. I'm sorry you feel that way. I forgive you and will not hold that against you, but it does make me sad. I value you and your friendship. I also forgive her and pray for her as we are taught in our Christian lives to do. You, too, phideaux. I know this has taken a toll on you, and I am sorry. I continue to pray for you as well and the restoration of your trust in me and for our friendship.

Admins and moderators, feel free to take this post down if you think it is too much, too honest and direct, or offensive. Mea Culpa.

I have loved this forum and the people I have met here. You are all special to me. This is a special place. Let us pray for one another and for this group.

Ignore function is a great tool. just sayin. but when it gets nasty in the PMs then something has to be done
Glad to see the people who have the power have the backbone to use it. Hopefully they'll make it stick

Ignore function is a great tool. just sayin. but when it gets nasty in the PMs then something has to be done
Glad to see the people who have the power have the backbone to use it. Hopefully they'll make it stick
Know that I had 3 people on ignore, but that did not stop her. Somehow, she was able to see everything I posted and would respond to as much as she could. I also put Mr. on ignore. Somehow, the ignore tool needs some work. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back