Monopoly On The Worlds Seeds

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I was looking for seeds and didn't want to order them and I always had good results from Ferry Moss Seeds. So I checked online since it had been a few years since I bought them. We try to buy only Heirloom or organic.
As of this sale several years ago they now have control over all seeds by basically just one seed supplier.
I know there are still some small seed suppliers Johnny Seeds, Baker Creek ,etc.. But I don't have much luck with these 2 as I did with Gardens Alive and Gurneys in past few years. Maybe just us but still.

Article below about subject,

https://fortheloveofgardeningbishophill.blogspot.com/2012/06/ferry-morse-seed-rip.html

I don't often do investigative reporting - mostly I'm happy to talk garden. In this case, when I first read about the closing of the Ferry Morse Seed factory in Kentucky and how it was done, something sounded fishy. The old saying "If it smells like fish, it's usually a fish" rather loosely applied to "If it sounds fishy, it's usually fishy." That "fish" apparently resides in Norway.

Without knowing the reasoning (and it might be logical and good business - or not) it appears Pareto doesn't demand responsibility, integrity and high ethical standards when acquiring other companies. To close a business with "Surprise! Hope you had a good lunch, now go home and never come back." and"Sorry your tax payers' cash is lost but not my problem." seems to contrast their own words.

The photos are old Ferry catalog covers.

Or are we paying for one thing and getting something else?

I remember as a young teen half a century ago eating at Biff Burger. Found out we were eating horse meat instead of beef,so these switch a roo's is been going on for a long time.

Latest posts

Back