Moon Cheese

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
My daughter has some cheddar Moon Cheese. It immediately piqued my interest. It is dry and crunchy, shelf stable, and gluten free. It is 100% cheese. I think it would be a good addition to BOBs for protein. I think it would be great in preps as well, but it is the kind of thing that I could never keep stocked, because I would eat it up. It reminds me of a baked cheese.

https://mooncheese.com/

I saw that it is available from several sources. The lowest price I saw for it was 3.29 for a 2 ounce package. I also saw it for $6.00 a package. The company is not the best priced place to buy it. It is not something that I would buy to snack on regularly because of the price, but it is something that I think would work for preps.

A 2 ounce package has a few servings, but that part is torn off the package, so I cannot tell you for sure what they recommend. I see that you can also buy it on Amazon, from Target and REI as well as a few other places listed on their website. The recommended shelf life looks to be about a year.

Flavors: cheddar, mozzarella, pepper jack, and gouda.

MOON CHEESE IS THE CHEESE THAT CRUNCHES!
mc15.jpg

mc74.jpg

mc95.jpg

We Crunchify 100% natural cheese into the tastiest all cheese snack possible (on this planet at least). Moon Cheese™ contains all the goodness of cheese, and is a perfect on-the-go healthy snack with no refrigeration required!

Moon Cheese™ is…

• Gluten Free
  • High in Protein
  • 100% Natural
  • An Excellent Source of Calcium
  • 100% Just Cheese - No Additives or Starches
  • Low Carb - Great for Paleo or Keto Diets

Moon Cheese™ has all the flavor and nutrition of real cheese because it is really just cheese! Moon Cheese™ hits the spot for indulging alone but of course we encourage you to share your Moon Cheese™ generously.

I wonder how they make them crispy? I do like parmesan crisp. . . and I do love cheese. Those actually look like balls and not chips. Do they get freeze dried? I wonder if that would make a difference in them verses dehydrating?

I would make a parmesan crackers like a cheddar cheese cracker: 1 1/2 c flour, 1 cup reduced fat sharp cheese shredded, 1/3 c chilled butter, 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/8 tsp red pepper, and 1/2 cup water. Mix. press dough on plastic wrap chill. Oven at 375. Roll dough between 2 pieces of wax paper, take off paper, cut into small squares like cheezits. Bake 20 minutes.
Maybe the trick to moon cheese is a lower fat cheese...sharp cheddar, dry white cheddar, parmesan, pressed feta. Might be worth a try. I was thinking dehydrating first, but maybe baking is the trick. What are the ingredients on the package?

I particularly like the parmesan chips as a way to get guacamole into my system. They are okay by themselves but a bit strong flavor wise.

At between $3 to $14/oz I'll wait to try these new cheese puffs.

We talked about this product in the dinner thread of keto thread a while back. It is very questionable and I would avoid it if you are eating keto. It's a sort of laboratory created simulated non-diary enzyme based cheese like food substance that they claim is 100% natural cheese. It's a lot like making a 100% real sirloin steak and then saying it contains no cow meat. Like with all of these types of foods their marketing department is working overtime to make people believe it is a wholesome nature real food, but it's most likely not. The FDA and USDA are thoroughly okay with lies and deceptions when it comes to food marketing and these simulated food companies know how to work the system.

By the way you can make cheese crackers in your oven using sliced cheese that is actual cheese. Plus it's made in your kitchen and not in a laboratory. That's always a big plus. Just put thin sliced cheese on non-stick foil and bake at approx. 200 degrees for 25 minutes. You have to watch them to keep them from over cooking. They crisp up more as they cool.
thumbup.gif

We talked about this product in the dinner thread of keto thread a while back. It is highly questionable and I would avoid it. It's a sort of laboratory created simulated non-diary enzyme based cheese like food substance that they claim is 100% natural cheese. It's a lot like making a 100% real sirloin steak and then saying it contains no cow meat. Like with all of these types of foods their marketing department is working overtime to make people believe it is a wholesome nature real food, but it's most likely not. The FDA and USDA are thoroughly okay with lies and deceptions when it comes to food marketing and these simulated food companies know how to work the system.

By the way you can make cheese crackers in your oven using sliced cheese that is actual cheese. Plus it's made in your kitchen and not in a laboratory. That's always a big plus. Just put thin sliced cheese on non-stick foil and bake at approx. 200 degrees for 25 minutes. You have to watch them to keep them from over cooking. They crisp up more as they cool. View attachment 3959

Thanks for the info. How do you make these cheese crackers?

We talked about this product in the dinner thread of keto thread a while back. It is very questionable and I would avoid it if you are eating keto. It's a sort of laboratory created simulated non-diary enzyme based cheese like food substance that they claim is 100% natural cheese. It's a lot like making a 100% real sirloin steak and then saying it contains no cow meat. Like with all of these types of foods their marketing department is working overtime to make people believe it is a wholesome nature real food, but it's most likely not. The FDA and USDA are thoroughly okay with lies and deceptions when it comes to food marketing and these simulated food companies know how to work the system.

By the way you can make cheese crackers in your oven using sliced cheese that is actual cheese. Plus it's made in your kitchen and not in a laboratory. That's always a big plus. Just put thin sliced cheese on non-stick foil and bake at approx. 200 degrees for 25 minutes. You have to watch them to keep them from over cooking. They crisp up more as they cool. View attachment 3959
http://forum.homestead.org/threads/all-skittles-taste-the-same.1052/#post-31488

Latest posts

Back