Most Annoying Catch Phrase

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EasyCZ_tfa

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Neighbor
Everybody has one. Or twelve. What are some of the catch-phrases or misuse of a phrase you see or hear that drives you crazy?

“It is what it is.” (Well, duh. What else would it be?!!!)
“I could care less.” (No. If you could care less, that means YOU COULD CARE LESS THAN YOU ALREADY DO. You mean you COULDN’T care less.)

That's the way we've ALWAYS done it!

or...

I've done it that way for 40 years!

(You mean like... WRONG!?!?!) :bang Head:

Last edited by a moderator:
"let the chips fall where they may"
way over done
in fact, ive instituted a rule that if you used that phrase around me, you owe me a plate of nachos

on a side note, i am bringing "ducky" back , so if you guys could start using that again, that would just be ducky

"Living the dream"

I'm sure it's somebody else's nightmare.

"let the chips fall where they may"
way over done
in fact, ive instituted a rule that if you used that phrase around me, you owe me a plate of nachos

on a side note, i am bringing "ducky" back , so if you guys could start using that again, that would just be ducky

Well that's just ducky!

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission. <--- drives me nuts.

Believe me this is going to hurt me more than you.
Ok can I try it out on you first?

"I swear on my mother's grave!"

Funny, your mom's not dead yet.

"As I was saying"

Everybody has one. Or twelve. What are some of the catch-phrases or misuse of a phrase you see or hear that drives you crazy?

“It is what it is.” (Well, duh. What else would it be?!!!)
“I could care less.” (No. If you could care less, that means YOU COULD CARE LESS THAN YOU ALREADY DO. You mean you COULDN’T care less.)

And "It's" Variants.

61nunjYlNrL._SL1006_.jpg

Medley's of idiotic nonsense. As in...

"Why Ask Why"? "Why Not"? "Why Not What"? "What What"? "You Know, What You Said Before"? "When"? "That Time." "Oh Yeah, That."

Latest posts

Back