Music streaming services?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I’ve been looking into music streaming services now that I have high speed internet. Went to some tech sites and found ratings. Basically, their opinions are all over the place, just like the options available. The prices are all about the same although a couple are free with ads.

My priorities are… 1) bluegrass music, who has the best musical library? 2) purchasing or downloading to keep a copy. I know I'll want a hard copy of some songs.

Didn’t see another thread.. Since some here may have experiences thought I’d ask opinions. What are good features? Any hazards or annoyances lurking in the shadows? Got one you really like?

If you're an Amazon Prime member, they have free streaming music. I think it can be downloaded to your device but if you play from your device, they ping your Amazon account to see if you're still active. If not, you can't play the songs anymore.

We had Sirius XM for the wife's car for a while. It had feature of using it on computer or phone as well. Not a bad service, but we didn't use it enough to justify the cost.
I use Panorama and I Heart Radio on my phone and puters. They have a paid service, or a free one with ads. I use the free one

I have Sirius xm as part of my satellite tv package. They have a bluegrass channel, turn it on sometimes when cooking or cleaning. I can't pick songs, just listen to the playlist of their Dj's.

I have Spotify.
The paid version is OK, the free version has so many ads it's hard to listen to it.
I had Sirius radio but I canceled it. That can be difficult to cancel so be advised.
Never ever give them your CC number. They will auto renew if you do.
Every time my subscription came due I would call and tell them it cost too much.
I could always get them lower the price to around $5 a month.
Back to Spotify.
You can download music so you can listen to what you want when you want to listen.
When I was at my son's house I downloaded a bunch of music to my phone because he has really fast internet speeds.
600 meg down and 200 meg up.
You can build your own playlist also.
No idea whether they have bluegrass but they probably do.
I have a ton of music on my laptop and I copied some to a thumb drive and use that in my travel trailer when I don't have a connection or FM radio signal.

I have Spotify, the free version. One of the things I like about it is that people can share their lists with you. I posted a list that one of my friends created that had many Christmas songs. I think you could listen to her list all day and never be done.
I know other people who have Spotify and have shared their lists. It is great to have a gathering of people and have a list of great songs playing in the background.

If you're an Amazon Prime member, they have free streaming music. I think it can be downloaded to your device but if you play from your device, they ping your Amazon account to see if you're still active. If not, you can't play the songs anymore.

I have Prime and need to check that out. Is there an app that you use to stream the service?

I have a TuneIn account that I use to listen to college football when I am running around the compound, and also use it to stream classic and progressive rock.

I have Prime and need to check that out. Is there an app that you use to stream the service?
Yes. Just download the "Amazon Music" app.
Also check your e-mails from Amazon. From time-to-time, they offer a free trial of Amazon Music Unlimited. With unlimited, they have just about everything. The free trial I got was for 90 days. The service itself is around $90/year.

Latest posts

Back