My brother calls me Grizzlyette Adams like it's a bad thing...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from the S.W. corner of Oregon, I really like what you had to say in your opening. I really don't like our trips to town, even when I know it has to be done and when we get home I always thank God to be home safe and sound. The local cities are nothing like being in Seattle or Denver, where I used to live, but it seems like they are getting crazier each time we go there. I don't imagine places like Roseburg, Grants Pass or Medford, Oregon are often heard of other than driving through to get to another place, but, I'm certainly spoiled to live in a small valley with beautiful surroundings, it's pretty nice when often the only neighbors that are close by are deer,elk, wild turkeys, songbirds and a flock of our own chickens.

Welcome @Grizzleyette___Adams :green man:

Pull up a chair and sit a spell

I am flat-out amazed how dynamic this board is, considering how young it is.!

Looking around here, it seems like there is a giant magnet in here, drawing the best from various boards to make a "superboard" (as in the best of the best).

That sums it up pretty well. This board was created from 2 other vibrant, well established boards. One was dedicated to everything homesteading and the other mainly dealt with all things "prepping." The combination meshed quite well. :)

Thank you for the welcome, Gumpy!

Dat stump might be big enough for both of us, if we sit back to back. The squirrels won't stand a chance, then!

Thank you all for the awesome welcomes!!!!!!!

Uncle Joe said:
Welcome @Grizzleyette___Adams :green man:

Pull up a chair and sit a spell

Heh, I may just borrow Gumpy's stump when he isn't using it, seeing it's right here and handy and all...

That sums it up pretty well. This board was created from 2 other vibrant, well established boards. One was dedicated to everything homesteading and the other mainly dealt with all things "prepping." The combination meshed quite well. :)

What a righteous combination! No wonder it feels so right.

Welcome from southern Ohio!
I've lived in New Orleans... your avatar looks like a mighty different place now, lol. Cool photo, too - you looking at your world.

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, that avatar speaks volumes to me. I walked away from everything near and dear to me, smack dab into The Unknown. Best move, ever.

I do miss home, but not the crime and hurricanes. Geeze, the crime...

Welcome from the S.W. corner of Oregon, I really like what you had to say in your opening. I really don't like our trips to town, even when I know it has to be done and when we get home I always thank God to be home safe and sound. The local cities are nothing like being in Seattle or Denver, where I used to live, but it seems like they are getting crazier each time we go there. I don't imagine places like Roseburg, Grants Pass or Medford, Oregon are often heard of other than driving through to get to another place, but, I'm certainly spoiled to live in a small valley with beautiful surroundings, it's pretty nice when often the only neighbors that are close by are deer,elk, wild turkeys, songbirds and a flock of our own chickens.

Yes, it is nice when the only neighbors are the wildlings... and the folks in the cities call their lifestyle civilized? Nope, it ain't. I'm perfectly happy to be a "wild thang" and after the SHTF, I'll wipe my butt with a big ol' mullein leaf and be glad to have it. (I think the poor city folks will probably use poison ivy or something, after they've torn up all their clothes first, lol.)

Welcome..I like yer since of humor....I like to ease the cityslickers discomfort while they are in the woods. Poor thangs..I tell them that down south here that when you don't have a roll of TP or a corn cob to bend over a Pine sapplin of the right diameter between yer legs then let go and run down it and when it has sprung back you have a cleen bottom and a fresh pine sent to boot.

Latest posts

Back