MY COMPUTER

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ekatarina

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Since this afternoon my computer is going nuts
telling *error* and I loose the website I am looking at and not able
to go on Youtube or any search ..I had to login 2 x to be able
to come back here .... always have * error

SIGH!!!!! 🤬

I did fast to be able to post it and write it here

Reactions: Neb
telling *error* and I loose the website I am looking at

What, specifically, does the error say?

What do you mean by "lose the website"? Are you saying that it automatically redirects to a different website, the screen goes blank, or what?

What web browser are you using? What operating system (Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS) are you using? Is it just the web browser that is giving you problems, or are other applications on the computer acting up also?

Virus? Malware?

No it just say *error* and the page is closing

I have Windows

All that crap started today when I wanted to check photos in my SanDisk card

Last edited:
This might sound simplistic... but try doing a "reboot" not a shut-down and restart - "reboot" from the list of options when you click shutdown.

I don't exactly know what the difference is, but I've seen work small miracles with windows.

I would try it with a different web browser, if you have one installed or wish to install one. i.e., if you are using Chrome, try it with Firefox or Edge.

You can also try creating a new user profile in the browser you are currently using. Leave the old profile in existence - we just want to test if that profile might have gotten corrupted. If you delete the old profile, that will delete all your bookmarks (depending on if you have those synced to the cloud or not). So leave the old profile hanging around until every thing gets figured out, and things copied (if needed).

This might sound simplistic... but try doing a "reboot" not a shut-down and restart - "reboot" from the list of options when you click shutdown.

I don't exactly know what the difference is, but I've seen work small miracles with windows.
See how stupid I am I dont even know how to *reboot*
will I loose eveything........:oops:

See how stupid I am I dont even know how to *reboot*
will I loose eveything........:oops:

Well, with Windows, you never know!

(That was a joke - ignore me, I couldn't resist!)

No, you should be fine rebooting. There should be an option on your "Start Menu" that lets you reboot. I will step aside and let a Windows user tell you what it looks like and where to find it, since I don't use Windows and could only speak generically.

In the bottom left of your screen, click on the start button, a menu appears, click on shutdown. there maybe a window that says , a program or app needs to close, best just wait, let it close. when the computer actually shuts down, wait at least 2 minutes, start it with the power button and be patient while things reload. you should have your function back

In the bottom left of your screen, click on the start button, a menu appears, click on shutdown. there maybe a window that says , a program or app needs to close, best just wait, let it close. when the computer actually shuts down, wait at least 2 minutes, start it with the power button and be patient while things reload. you should have your function back
I will try it tomorrow.. thank you ...hopefully it might works

It worked !!!! LOL ..... Hope it will be for long ! :huggs:

It worked !!!! LOL ..... Hope it will be for long ! :huggs:

That cleared up your problem? Great! To me, these type of problems are not even worth troubleshooting if a reboot fixed them. For one, you'll probably never be able to reproduce the circumstances that caused the problem to happen. At least not with a repeatability that you could use for troubleshooting.

That cleared up your problem? Great! To me, these type of problems are not even worth troubleshooting if a reboot fixed them. For one, you'll probably never be able to reproduce the circumstances that caused the problem to happen. At least not with a repeatability that you could use for troubleshooting.
Well ...will see what is next...hope all will be good
If I have major troubles I will go see my computer engineer
* he have a small store and I go to his place since 15 years

Latest posts

Back