My go to Salad dressing.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I do on occasion use different salad dressing , such as Vinegarette, oil and Vinegar, Italian, French, or Honey Mustard.
But my go to is...
FB_IMG_1623975230959.jpg

Jim

Salad dressing can be a real crapshoot for me. Sometimes there are no issues. Sometimes, I like them, but they don't like me. Ranch is one of my favorites.

The wife likes a simple oil and vinegar dressing. She uses unfiltered apple cider vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, very simple dressing.

She cannot have (any) salt so this is about as good as it gets for her.
Me too, but I add a little Stevie.

My favorite is Ranch ( not buttermilk) and I just make a quick Italian dressing with olive oil, vinegar and a tablespoon of italian seasonings. I just make sure to make it ahead of time and let it sit so the flavors meld together

For anyone who wants to try different dressings I found this online and copied it. I don't know what recipe book it came from.

8b4763f79191937b1e90ec43d2667bb6.jpg

The dressing I use depends on the salad. A "dinner salad" (just lettuce and a quarter tomato) just needs a bit of lemon (I order a lemon wedge).
A garden salad needs a light vinaigrette. A chef's salad with 3 meats, 2 cheeses, 2 lettuces, tomatoes, and hard boiled eggs doesn't need dressing but if you must use a dressing use a small amount of Thousand Island.

There are thousands of different salads and each is best complemented by a good dressing but the one thing common to all good salads is freshly ground black pepper.

This recipe seems to be a favorite in my hometown and has been around for several decades. Seems kind of rich, but there is much raving about it. Some use half and half instead of cream.

"My Grandma made a cream dressing too
1 cup cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
Used it on coleslaw and salad greens"

Latest posts

Back