My new Goslings.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrelhunter

Tree rat eradicater
Neighbor
My 2 female White Chinese goslings arrived today. Now I have 1 male and 4 female geese. These Chinese geese are suppose to be a little better egg layers than the Africans.

IMG_20240417_085045052.jpg

Awwww........I'm in love.
Of course, I love every single animal I see.

Watch geese are formidable. I've seen them in action. Yikes!
All the ones I've had won't go near strangers, they run from them, but they do honk whenever something's around. Years ago I had a couple Canadian ganders and 1 would come running to me and follow me around whenever I quacked at it, I quacked because I had ducks longer than geese . ;) He actually protected the ducks from the other Canadian gander.

Our geese are not a problem....7 African and 1 Tolouse. They make alot of noise, but they're all good. I am getting hissed at, because two are sitting on eggs, but that's as far as they take it. Two of the Africans have bonded with little granddaughter, she sprays them with water, and they stretch out their wings, they let her hug on them.

Our geese are not a problem....7 African and 1 Tolouse. They make alot of noise, but they're all good. I am getting hissed at, because two are sitting on eggs, but that's as far as they take it. Two of the Africans have bonded with little granddaughter, she sprays them with water, and they stretch out their wings, they let her hug on them.
Aw that's cute, mine aren't quite that tame. I have had to put a couple down in the past for trying to kill drakes.

They'd eat your garden, too. But ours are in a very large run so they can't.
We don't have a garden, too much work. If we decide to have a garden though we'll put it outside the fenced in area though. I put a chicken wire fence around a big area of our 3 acres to keep them off the road but they can still get to the pond.

Back