My wallet

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
I made me a wallet

Fully open is 8” x 13”
3 separate compartments 3.5 x 8

6 card slots with pocket under cards

2 pockets in the center

Spot for my ck book
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You do beautiful work, Frodo. I know first hand, but that wallet is not going to fit in the pocket of any pair of pants that I own. I have a THE wallet and even that doesn't fit.

Put it in "the man bag"!!😉
Depends on the pants I am wearing. If it fits I will carry it in my pocket. If it doesn't fit it goes in the man-purse. I am not ashamed of it. In this day and age we seem to be carrying so much more: cell phone, glasses, meds. I can't get by with just a pocket knife and a lighter anymore.

Depends on the pants I am wearing. If it fits I will carry it in my pocket. If it doesn't fit it goes in the man-purse. I am not ashamed of it. In this day and age we seem to be carrying so much more: cell phone, glasses, meds. I can't get by with just a pocket knife and a lighter anymore.
Bags are handy, just had to get a jab in😉! A friend's husband has a really nice leather bag, he ends up carrying a lot of her stuff too, she doesn't carry a purse! I don't either, I have a wallet case for my phone, keys and knife in my pocket!!

You do beautiful work, Frodo. I know first hand, but that wallet is not going to fit in the pocket of any pair of pants that I own. I have a THE wallet and even that doesn't fit.
I wear cargo pants and BDUs, It'll be in the leg pocket on me.

I is working on the prototype models in leather card holders and wallets with RFID Shields installed.
But there's a cupla problems, the real good rfid material is a coated stainless steel copper mesh.
Problem one .... The coating on the mesh is designed to keep the copper from corrodeing and turnin things green and to hold the mesh together so in the leather world you just Kant glue it on a side cause it jest wont stay stuck.
Problem two..... Ya don't want a metal mesh grinding against her kards.
Problem three.... When ya cut it it will dull your kutting implements .
Problem foo......It will unravel.
I have the solution and the material order jest arrived Friday and Monday I will start on prototype Foo.
P.S. ....If Frodo were dooin this would it be known as a Frodotype?

Fits my pocket with room to spare
What size are your girly pants pockets 😂
Mine are 6” wide
Wallet is 31/2 closed
image.jpg

I is working on the prototype models in leather card holders and wallets with RFID Shields installed.
But there's a cupla problems, the real good rfid material is a coated stainless steel copper mesh.
Problem one .... The coating on the mesh is designed to keep the copper from corrodeing and turnin things green and to hold the mesh together so in the leather world you just Kant glue it on a side cause it jest wont stay stuck.
I have the solution and the material order jest arrived Friday and Monday I will start on prototype Foo.
heavy duty tin foil works just as good
Another product that works is lead wool
( see a plumbing supply house)
This can be rolled out flat and molded to fit containment sleeves around a credit card pocket

This is where a good machine comes into play. When sewing canvas or any material that will unravel
You MUSt. Fold over each edge
Draw a line 1” from the edge fold material to meet the line and run a stitch line on the 1/2” him line
Now you place another piece on top of that with a Jim line and you are sewing through 4 layers
Need a good machine or your needle is going to deflect and break
You can get by with one fold over 2 pieces. That can go south real quick

Thanks feller,
I have found that leather work involves a lot ov research and field trials. I have a cupla times had to take apart a design and rebuild and I am glad of it cause I do not wish to sell something to someone else that will not be of good quality.
You can buy the overseas made product every cupla years or spend the money once on something that will be used and in your pocket for decades.
Fro people recently are requesting wallets and bags made with the brand marks in view. Used to be those sections on the leather were almost scrap.
Just think what you could charge for a custom branded bag or wallet if you had the prominence (documentation) on what ranch or whooze brand it is displayed.
The rarity of it.

Last edited:
Fits my pocket with room to spare
What size are your girly pants pockets 😂
Mine are 6” wide
Wallet is 31/2 closedView attachment 119001

heavy duty tin foil works just as good
Another product that works is lead wool
( see a plumbing supply house)
This can be rolled out flat and molded to fit containment sleeves around a credit card pocket

I will respectfully disagree. It may fit side to side, but it sticks out the top by what, 2 inches? That is the part I don't like. Way to easy for a pick pocket to lift.

My wallet used to be like a brick in my back pocket. I have been very dilligent in keeping it flat. I was in a gun store a few years ago, and I took my wallet out to pay. The clerk in the store had to show me he had the same wallet. His was a big as a library book. I thought "mine used to look like that." Not anymore.

My wallet used to be like a brick in my back pocket. I have been very dilligent in keeping it flat. I was in a gun store a few years ago, and I took my wallet out to pay. The clerk in the store had to show me he had the same wallet. His was a big as a library book. I thought "mine used to look like that." Not anymore.

Most younger people are phasing out the wallet and the purse and are leaning. Towards a minimalist wallet which can hold ………..drum roll……….
A. ID. And A Card. With enough room for some identy papers. Cause that’s all you need to have
(I had to put on my tin foil hat to type that it is in the rules).

Here us the honest truth why I like a long wallet. I want my cash non folded and in order And I do not have to fight it to get it out or put it in
IMG_0585.jpeg
Yes weedy garden. That is my leg
I am sitting here in my b.v.ds. Working

M

Last edited:
Now. Let’s talk what IS coming back
“The man bag”
It is funny but true ladies are tired of the purse and the guys are starting to carry
“ man bags”. I carry a big ass messenger bag myself. Scroll up and check out my cow branding.

Purse out. Man bag in

I have seen with my Owen 2 eyes and heard with my ears. “Hand me my brush”. Said from a lady to a man (?) carrying a msn bag

Edited
My messenger bag holds nothing but leather patterns. No brush or that crap
She has a her own bag. for that

Latest posts

Back