Nasty idea I thought of the other day

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If people ride my ass, I just slow it down to 50. They get over into a faster lane then. If that doesn't work, they'll get a few sudden slow-downs that should make them get the message (in our state, you hit someone's rear, you're at fault for not driving defensively). If that even fails, I get over, then slow down a lot, and move in behind them, and just let them move on.

i've pulled the slow down maneuver before..but 45 is my fav speed for that..lol.but i normally continue the same speed. which be the speed limit.that alone can ******** a few ppl on the hwy 1/2 from me.on account its a narrow 2 lane state hwy with no shoulders and very few passing zones between where we live, and town.

anybody comes up fast behind me, I pull over and let them pass, if I get it right I can do that without actually stopping. I don't drive on Motorways as people drive fast (and crazy sometimes) and I find motorways boring anyway i'm 30+miles from the end of the nearest motorway.

thats one thing about where i live.the road between where i live and town,dont have any shoulders.just pull over locations.in which their arent very many of them within the 5 1/2 mile drive..even then.those pull overs are loaded with big pot holes.

I'm driving down the road, and I see a small paper bag. I generally avoid ANY debris on the road, but I see plenty don't.

So, I got to thinking...if you want to have caltrops (spikes to pop tires) on a road, you'd want to disguise them, to actually have them work (otherwise, someone will just slam on the brakes, etc.)

So, if you had a board with nails sticking up, and put it in a crumpled up paper bag...this sitting on the road would likely be driven over, (thinking it's just an old fast food bag), when really, it would be a tire killer.
that has been thought of but it is still a good one the taliban would put mines inside dog and other animal carcuses to get US and other military forces. It is amazing how many times it still worked after we knew about it.

Having had to clean (and try and get rid of the smell) once before, I will do pretty much ANYTHING to avoid running over an animal carcass again. Even if I have to off road it. Seriously, it was that bad (was a deer that had already been out a bit, and wasn't much of the deer left). That smell lasted after two full car washes (undercarriage and all). It was so bad....

I wasnt driving fast enough this morning to suit the driver behind me so showing a little road rage they ran up on my bumper . When I didnt speed up they jumped around me to going to pass . A car from the middle lane cut in at the same time so Mr road rage had to lock up his brakes to keep from rear ending them .
Any one see the road rage video where the guy runs out and side swipes the motorcycle because they were going to pass them ? FOX showed it this morning .

I wasnt driving fast enough this morning to suit the driver behind me so showing a little road rage they ran up on my bumper . When I didnt speed up they jumped around me to going to pass . A car from the middle lane cut in at the same time so Mr road rage had to lock up his brakes to keep from rear ending them .
Any one see the road rage video where the guy runs out and side swipes the motorcycle because they were going to pass them ? FOX showed it this morning .
I hope they charge the driver with attempted murder! Why is the world so full of *******s? I've had lots of people pull out in front of my bike, but at least it was accidental.
I carry a handgun in the car just for this reason, people are animals. I will always try to go around or away from a volitale situation. I think the only one I'll make a stand for is if I see an innocent person being threatened.

Saw another high profile case of road rage this morning on FOX , guy gets mad and opens fire on a vehicle and kills 4 year old girl .
I see cases atleast once a week . 40 mile drive to work most highway with several on/off ramps to interstate . Every morning there seems to be alot of idgets that waite till the last miniute and are running late or just want to play furious . I run speed limit so not to back up anyone but the speed demons still get mad . Once one ran up on my bumper within inches and started weaving , guess he saw my NRA sticker and I just reached down to get my coffee cup he got off the gas and backed up 1/4 mile and started driving normal . LOL
But it is dangerous out there people make bad decisions based on emotion and think they can explain it away with smooth words .

I just don't get it. I mean, swear, etc., but to actually put myself in a dangerous situation over traffic? That just doesn't make any sense. I mean, my commute is typically an hour or more, but yesterday, was two hours (due to a car on fire, on the bridge). If I don't get upset about that, just how bad is your commute? LOL.

How would like to have this commute?

belles-photos-20-728.jpg

I normaly leave early enough I can drive normal speed and get to work 10 or 15 miniutes early . If something does happen that amount of tome makes up for it most of the time . I was held up one time at a traine crossing the train just sitting there for nearly a hour . Once I was held up on my drive back home for 5 hours while a hazardos spill was cleaned up . Tanker trailer jack knifed and flipped spilling some kind of chemical .

I tell people that a third deer crossing the road is a bad traffic day here :).

caltrop.JPG what about these?? some of you have means to weld,easy,nasty....and full of pain ;)

if I had a spot welder,if I only had one,there would bee a big pouch of these here.

View attachment 4765 what about these?? some of you have means to weld,easy,nasty....and full of pain ;)
Those look like they would slow marauders down pretty quickly. Unfortunately, those are the kinds that would be using them for traps to get supplies from unsuspecting travelers.

unfortunaly those do work both ways ;)
but I will propably make a batch as soon as I get my hands on some welding stuff.

unfortunaly those do work both ways ;)
but I will propably make a batch as soon as I get my hands on some welding stuff.
Used welding equipment is pretty easy to come by. I just finished the welding on the new ladder rack for the truck, and am having trouble with the welder now. It's a Lincoln mig welder, and the wire feed stops working after several minutes of welding. It starts back after it cools down, but is a major pain in the ass. I'll do some research on it soon and see if it's a common issue I can repair.

yeah..it pays to be in a 4x4 vehicle,and in a outside lane at times like that.especially when there's a back road close by..

Back