National Vietnam Veterans Day

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rice paddy daddy

Old Soldier
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
March 29th each year is National Vietnam War Veterans Day.
This was a bill passed by Congress and signed into law by President Trump.
The date was chosen because March 29, 1973 the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam (MACV) was disbanded and the last US combat troops left Vietnam.

Tomorrow, if you encounter anyone wearing a Vietnam Veteran hat or other gear, simply look him or her straight in the eye and say "Welcome Home". That simple statement will mean more to them than you could possibly imagine.
If there is a ceremony in your town, and you are able to attend, please do.

And if there are any Brothers or Sisters on this board, "Welcome Home."

I am a Vietnam vet but not a combat vet.
Thank you for your service. I was on a ship off the coast of North Vietnam and have been in Danang Harbor. Having friends who were on the ground I have a little understanding about what you went through.
No matter where you served, on land , sea, air; stateside, Germany, Vietnam, or any other country; you all are my Brothers. And Sisters, too.
If you raised your right hand and took the oath, we are comrades. Compatriots.

POW and MIA, such a tragedy and travesty for our nation.
Vietnam.jpg

No matter where you served, on land , sea, air; stateside, Germany, Vietnam, or any other country; you all are my Brothers. And Sisters, too.
If you raised your right hand and took the oath, we are comrades. Compatriots.
Thanks Brother and I agree. When I stood shore patrol in the Philippines, we were ordered to arrest Soldiers who were fighting. I refused to do it. Those Marines just got back from Vietnam and where is combat so others and I just broke them up and sent them separate ways. I said, "You cover my ass and I'll cover your ass." It worked.

Thanks again, Brother!

Latest posts

Back