NE Ohio Here!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Roots Homestead

Tina & Eric
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hello All!!

We are Tina & Eric Keller from Happy Roots Homestead in Northeast Ohio! 👩‍🌾👨‍🌾

Happy Roots Homestead started out as dream years ago. In 2019, a tangible place to raise a happy family, a place to raise the happiest animals, and a place to grow the most delicious food was born. We are rooted in faith, family, and love. Together we work to make this dream a reality.

We have been blessed with 4 awesome kiddos Ranging in age from 8-16. We live on 5 Acres and have a plethora of animals and grow lots of different produce.

(self promotion content removed)

Excited to be here and to learn from all of you!!
Copy of Untitled_20230909_143255_0000.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Alaska! Comfortably dumb perfectly describes some of my projects! But they get done nonetheless.

Hello All!!

We are Tina & Eric Keller from Happy Roots Homestead in Northeast Ohio! 👩‍🌾👨‍🌾

Happy Roots Homestead started out as dream years ago. In 2019, a tangible place to raise a happy family, a place to raise the happiest animals, and a place to grow the most delicious food was born. We are rooted in faith, family, and love. Together we work to make this dream a reality.

We have been blessed with 4 awesome kiddos Ranging in age from 8-16. We live on 5 Acres and have a plethora of animals and grow lots of different produce.

A cool fact about Eric; he just started writing for Farm and Dairy Newspaper! He has his own column called 'Comfortably Dumb'. It's all about the shenanigans and lessons we have learned on what NOT to do whilst homesteading. It's definitely funny to hear many of our ridiculous blunders. You can read his column here: Comfortably Dumb.

Excited to be here and to learn from all of you!!
View attachment 116588

20230614_175708.jpg
Eric and his girl!
IMG_20230828_122031248.jpg
Eric & 3 Boys. corn Flop this year
IMG_20230921_210136.jpg
This is Baby! Our Pregnant Heifer.
IMG_20230921_201503.jpg

Our Daughter Lizzy & I the other day with my twin nieces

Welcome from rural NE Florida.
We have 4 acres, the wife is the farmer, I'm the fix-it guy.
She grows veggies, keeps 30 plus laying hens, and still rides her horse at age 76.
Welcome aboard!! I'll be sure to check out Comfortably Dumb.

Welcome from S.C.
Minivan??
I was raised on a farm, first motor vehicle I drove was a stick shift
T-30/8n tractor, then a pickup truck.
I have four trailer of different sizes, I can not see my self putting animals in a mini van, other then my children.

Welcome from S.C.
Minivan??
I was raised on a farm, first motor vehicle I drove was a stick shift
T-30/8n tractor, then a pickup truck.
I have four trailer of different sizes, I can not see my self putting animals in a mini van, other then my children.
😂😂😂Bwahahahaha, that's what is so funny about it. We don't have a trailer. We moved out the seats on one half of the van. So there was plenty of room and they were 12 days old. The second time we did it it was just 1 little guy at 5 days old. I WISH we had a trailer. It's on the list. We've also transported pigs, sheep, geese, ducks and chicken in there. All other animals were in crates.

😂😂😂Bwahahahaha, that's what is so funny about it. We don't have a trailer. We moved out the seats on one half of the van. So there was plenty of room and they were 12 days old. The second time we did it it was just 1 little guy at 5 days old. I WISH we had a trailer. It's on the list. We've also transported pigs, sheep, geese, ducks and chicken in there. All other animals were in crates.
Lol, I know a gal who would transport goats in the backseat of her Pick Up because it was easier than hooking up her trailer!!

Lol, I know a gal who would transport goats in the backseat of her Pick Up because it was easier than hooking up her trailer!!
Actually this is a pretty common occurrence, even in automobiles, I don't remember how we brought our goats home, but I think it was inside the vehicle, the goats we've had were very mellow and transported easily.

Welcome from out here. We have a few hundred acre homestead/ranch in the mountains. We used to raise registered Red Angus. Now we just have about 68 head of mixed cattle. Years ago I raised and trained draft horses for logging and pulling. We have a large garden, that the snow in June and the grasshoppers destroyed and an orchard, also eaten by the grasshoppers.

Actually this is a pretty common occurrence, even in automobiles, I don't remember how we brought our goats home, but I think it was inside the vehicle, the goats we've had were very mellow and transported easily.
We bring our weaner pigs home in a dog crate, in the back of the truck of course.

I was at a livestock auction, standing outside leaning on railing with other guys. We were watching trucks/trailers pull in and get weighed. Checking out what people were bringing to sell.

We saw a big 25’ goose neck trailer pull in, couldn’t see the trailer over a small wall, only the top of a big dog kennel. It got weighed then pulled forward where we could see. On the 25’ trailer was a big 4ft tall dog kennel. Inside it was one little duck! 😁

Out loud to no one in particular I said “ya know, from the size of that trailer I’d have thought that duck would've been bigger”. The guy standing beside me blew coffee out his nose… which I thought was a lot funnier then my joke! 🤣

Last edited:
I was at a livestock auction, standing outside leaning on railing with other guys. We were watching trucks/trailers pull in and get weighed. Checking out what people were bringing to sell.

We saw a big 25’ goose neck trailer pull in, couldn’t see the trailer over a small wall, only the top of a big dog kennel. It got weighed then pulled forward where we could see. On the 25’ trailer was a big 4ft tall dog kennel. Inside it was one single little duck! 😁

Out loud to no one in particular I said “ya know, from the size of that trailer I’d have thought that duck would've been bigger”. The guy standing beside me blew coffee out his nose… which I thought was a lot funnier then my joke! 🤣
Bwahahahahha I almost spit my coffee out laughing! That's hilarious!!

Latest posts

Back