Need son advice

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
Where to begin
N8 is my sisters, daughters, son
This is about him
Learning disability hyperactive
I think that is called ADDHD, same as me😁
They put him on drugs but let’s be clear the kid is weird
He became addicted to the internet then became violent when the internet was taken, manipulating to get it backWas put into a home because of violenc towards his mother when she turned off internet
Worked the system and moved up to go home and back to regular school
The boy has green hair and acts like a total wussy.
First eeek back in public school and the bullies descend on him
So here we are. Kid has green hair that is a anti gov statement but I am a cool uncle I ignore it and tell him him , you be you do not let anyone try and change you, as long as you are true to yourself the other idiots do not matter . I also told him that if he punched out a bully, I would support him 200% then he tells me he is non violent, does not believe in violence, I am like ok let them kick yur sss while you stand their grinning. What do I do with this one?
He is blood, so a back will not be turned and help will provided in any form

Find a good man that knows survival and have him take the boy out camping where there is no way back. Do about a 40 mile hike over 8 days and make him do the work needed to have food and water or he gets none. I've turned around several boys for some parents that were at end of the rope. Made the dad go with me or had a waver signed otherwise. Scared the crap out of the boy more than most when the mom signed the waver in front of the boy that I was not responsible for any harm due to not following instructions or acts of God.

then he tells me he is non violent, does not believe in violence, I am like ok let them kick yur sss while you stand their grinning. What do I do with this one?

Something like, by defending yourself you are actually stopping violence. That's a toughy.

Where to begin
N8 is my sisters, daughters, son
This is about him
Learning disability hyperactive
I think that is called ADDHD, same as me😁
They put him on drugs but let’s be clear the kid is weird
He became addicted to the internet then became violent when the internet was taken, manipulating to get it backWas put into a home because of violenc towards his mother when she turned off internet
Worked the system and moved up to go home and back to regular school
The boy has green hair and acts like a total wussy.
First eeek back in public school and the bullies descend on him
So here we are. Kid has green hair that is a anti gov statement but I am a cool uncle I ignore it and tell him him , you be you do not let anyone try and change you, as long as you are true to yourself the other idiots do not matter . I also told him that if he punched out a bully, I would support him 200% then he tells me he is non violent, does not believe in violence, I am like ok let them kick yur sss while you stand their grinning. What do I do with this one?
He is blood, so a back will not be turned and help will provided in any form
Sounds too much like me as a kid, minus the green hair, my folks would have killed me! What un-f*ked me was hanging around with veterans of the Vietnam and Korean era. THEN came the camping trips and the appreciation of what the generation before mine sacrificed so I could be a loud mouthed brat. Funny thing, I ran into one of the guys who used to beat on me back in school in a bar, and he thought I was the same guy. by the time they pulled me of of him he was missing an ear and I heard had a fractured shoulder, by that time I was already in Georgia.
Godz bless American veterans!

Sounds too much like me as a kid, minus the green hair, my folks would have killed me! What un-f*ked me was hanging around with veterans of the Vietnam and Korean era. THEN came the camping trips and the appreciation of what the generation before mine sacrificed so I could be a loud mouthed brat. Funny thing, I ran into one of the guys who used to beat on me back in school in a bar, and he thought I was the same guy. by the time they pulled me of of him he was missing an ear and I heard had a fractured shoulder, by that time I was already in Georgia.
Godz bless American veterans!
My dad was a vet, father-in-law was a 3 tour Vietnam vet and I am a Desert Storm vet (the guy in the 53 Echo helicopter that manned the 50 Cal and would drag the hurt guys in. Vets definitely have a perspective on life that kids are missing these days. I try to teach the boys how to survive on what God created in nature and over the camping trip I relate it all to life dealing with other people. Had one boy that I kept in the woods for 30 days before I got him straightened out. It was the taking of a deer with nothing but a stick and a knife that finally sank in that he "was a man and needed to act like one".

After a kid gets to be around 12 there are only 2 or 3 that might change him.
Prison, the military and maybe getting older.
You cannot change someone that doesn't want to change.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

A talk we had

You are good at the computer stuff
I am going be Teslas IT guy
Yeah? Cool, what college are you going to apply to?
I do not think I want to go to college
Then you are not going to be any bodies IT guy, you gotta have the degree to get that job, you can work at radio shack with no degree
Shut down won’t talk walks off

Wow. So much reminds me of my nephew. He's 22 now. Unemployed and addicted to drugs. What a shame. But as a man, I always felt outnumbered when trying to say anything constructive.

Our society has gone full swing feminine. We are lacking necessary rituals that teach timeless lessons. Because the lessons are "too hard"!?

The only" rites of passage " left for young men seems to be prison or military?

Last edited:
Hard for me to reply here, as I was somewhat of a delinquent myself, a drug-using skateboarder from a broken home... I think skateboarding and small craft (Naval Sailing Club) kept me out of too much trouble until I joined the Aarrrrghmy, lol. Skateboarding never gets enough credit: it actually teaches perseverance in a BIG WAY, and I was fully committed to the sport. Sailing on the cheap at Fiddler's Cove put me out on the water, just where I needed to be at the time. The Army picked me up as a salvage job, and the rest is history... so I try not to be TOO judgmental, ya know? Today's kids have SO MUCH to deal with under this fraudulent regime which is actively trying to destroy the country as we once knew it... is it any wonder that they are confused, angry, etc? I kinda feel sorry for 'em, as they're being heavily bombarded with propaganda in the media and they're also being indoctrinated in leftist academic institutions... hell, I dropped out of college after getting a worthless A.A. degree, as I could already see that the left was in control of the schools. One last observation: some whiz kids go on to make millions without wasting time on "higher education." :rolleyes:

I would suggest finding a good psychologist. Someone who can find the reason for the deeper issues that are causing the behavior. If he is so anti-violence, and won't fight back against bullies, then why is he so violent towards his mother? Something doesn't smell right. Something caused him to go the direction he did. If it is a mental disorder it should be diagnosed and treated.

I would strongly suggest your niece get legal guardianship, so that when he turns 18 (if he hasn't already) she will still have legal control. Once he turns 18 all bets are off and she can do nothing. Doctors will not talk to her. Teachers, if there are any, will not talk to her. This is not just "will not" but it is "Cannot" talk to her. He will legally be an adult and they cannot talk to her about any issues without his permission. Sadly, it is not against the law to be mentally ill unless you are a threat to yourself or others.

It might help to get a clinical diagnosis from a doctor of what the ailment is. Schizophrenia and other mental disorders usually make their first appearence in the late teens and early 20's. I have lived this nightmare (and continue to live it) with my son. Special prayers, Frodo. My wife has made a career out of trying to find help, and a solution. Every day I have to think of Jim Valvano: "Don't give up. Don't ever give up."

After a kid gets to be around 12 there are only 2 or 3 that might change him.
Prison, the military and maybe getting older.
You cannot change someone that doesn't want to change.
I disagree. I only discovered that I had a son after he was 18 and his mother.
(I won't even get into it.) had pretty much wrecked the kid. He still has a few kinks in his wires, but NOTHING like he was. I began by teaching him a magic trick. We were on a busy street corner and I dropped a handful of pennies on the ground and we watched as the world froze and everyone stopped to see if it was them who lost money. "See son, that's all they are worried about. now what do you hear?" He looked around and shrugged. I pointed up to a nest of wrens, then to a lady from the restaurant using a dumpster, then to some flies. "Every detail in life means something. I walked over to the dumpster and hauled out a trash bag full of morning doughnuts and biscuits. "Free lunch!" The bird tells me there are no predators around, the flies tell me that the homeless guy that was waiting on these doughnuts got tired of waiting and took a crap between the buildings. and sure enough. Then we took a walk. "If it has mass, it has value.. if you can cut with it, store things in it, or get warm with it, you can use it. Then I showed him how to pick a padlock with a tin can. On another day, we went to the rifle range, he'd never held a gun before. NOW he's a decent shot and knows a bit about gun safety. His SKS is still hanging in the hall waiting on him to come back along with his woods kit I built him.
Above all, I'd like to think perception is everything. If all you see is a pile of junk, its useless. if you see the makings of a tool or even art, its priceless.

I would suggest finding a good psychologist.
I agree, but note that I have made the word good bold. This is not an easy thing to do. There are psychologists and other versions of this, but good ones take some work to find. This takes research and investigation. In a place the size of the Denver metro area, there are many, many, many who are in the counseling field, but very, very few who are good. I myself spent a few years in counseling and have known some of the incompetent counselors.

Last edited:
My son was/is ADHD.

He was on a medical cocktail until 14. We decided he would learn to live with himself without the drugs. His relationship with God made the difference getting through the bad times.

He went through a period of time sleeping on couches and an empty stomach motivated him to work.

He is a good father now and a model employee.

So...

Make sure the boy knows God.

Ben

My son was/is ADHD.

He was on a medical cocktail until 14. We decided he would learn to live with himself without the drugs. His relationship with God made the difference getting through the bad times.

He went through a period of time sleeping on couches and an empty stomach motivated him to work.

He is a good father now and a model employee.

So...

Make sure the boy knows God.

Ben
Mine has ADD, just like his daddy. we got him off the drugs and put him on medical weed. he's 75% better. Still an ozone ranger, but NOW he can hold a job! I'm so proud of that kid to see how far he's come from the freaked out little airhead he was. I swear, if had time, he could figure out radar! If he ever gets the chance, that kid could rule the world!

Last edited:
My wife worked with drug addicted mentally ill felons for 10 years. Many of them first lost it in their teens and almost all of them took drugs at the same time. We took on a kid when he was 8 and he is now 18.
We got permanent legal custody by his birth mother not having any contact with him for two years. Also five court appearances with our own lawyer and four forensic interviews with the policy about the horrific abuse the kid endured.
He tried some pissed off run away from home but this being rural montana it's kind of hard to run very far. He camped under a tree in a open space by some houses and the homeowners turned him in and since he wasn't 18 yet we had to take him back....we did but we wanted him to get the full effect of living in the open without a can opener. We have tons of survival stuff so he had a warm sleeping bag and tent but it rained so he was in sticky mud.
He now is 18 with a GED and he isn't in jail. I gave him a pickup camper to live in and I have a porta potty I am paying the rent on so if that is his life style he can live in the driveway for now.
These kids will lie and cheat and steal from those closest to them so beware.... good deed doers.

Find a good man that knows survival and have him take the boy out camping where there is no way back. Do about a 40 mile hike over 8 days and make him do the work needed to have food and water or he gets none. I've turned around several boys for some parents that were at end of the rope. Made the dad go with me or had a waver signed otherwise. Scared the crap out of the boy more than most when the mom signed the waver in front of the boy that I was not responsible for any harm due to not following instructions or acts of God.
Like that Kevin Bacon Sean Astin movie from the late 80s early 90s. White Water Summer? I think.

Roo is 11. She was diagnosed ADHD etc in the second grade because the school told us to have her tested or they could not help us with any special programs for advanced learning. I repeatedly asked for a 504 learning plan since she was diagnosed but they refused even though legally they have to. We were told by the school she needed to be medicated. We said NO. They didn't like this. They make money by having kids medicated and diagnosed with some BS learning difficulty nonsense. She was bullied by a classmate who was a POC because he didn't like the fact she was smarter than him on all the tests and she skipped a grade making her younger than him. The school would not do anything to this bully because he was a POC. They said it was illegal to suspend a POC. I yanked Roo out of public school the following year. I started homeschooling and have never looked back.

FYI
Roo has no access to the internet at all. I also have a maple OTK paddle named "Joey" for when she gets violent or throws a tantrum.

Joey as in Joey Ramone
"Beat on the brat!
Beat on the brat with a baseball bat!"

I was novel schooled. I was "homeschooled." but all I did was read an inhumane amount of novels

I was novel schooled. I was "homeschooled." but all I did was read an inhumane amount of novels
Sounds like my schooling. I went to public school but ignored every thing going on in the classroom and just sat in the back and read all day. I passed every test and did zero work. I had a 3.6 GPA just acing tests in high school on the college prep tract.

Latest posts

Back